Betta Fish Forum banner

Musical Tanks!

989 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  puppyrjjkm 
#1 · (Edited)
Alrighty beware for a LONG post! :shock: So I have multiple things I've been tossing around in this crazy head of mine.:roll:

1. I currently have a 5 gal bare bottom "rectangle tank" I would like to make more room on my dresser in which I would use my 5 hex tank. But I have 1 male betta and 3 ADF. Would the frogs be okay with less bottom or "floor" space?

2. Or I will soon have a empty 10 gallon tank. I wanted platies/guppies and move my frogs and betta into this tank, what do you think about that plan? How many livebearers?

3. I could always move the guppies/platies to my 50 gal community and split my 10 gallon for 2 more male bettas, but my 29 gal is split so I am trying to stay away from male bettas.

4. I also wanted to breed bettas in the near future in which I would use the 10 gallon, which would have to stay empty for now.

5. I love these small tanks for bettas. Like just to sit on my desk for an impulse betta :) like this: http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753118 or like this http://lh6.ggpht.com/_f3tDg6HJSU8/SUcu0IGKpNI/AAAAAAAAADI/0-OQz3rMrGA/Betta+Tank.jpg But I have a 1 or 2 gallon one I was wondering how often I would have to clean it. I saw someone have one split for 2 males which I wouldn't do, since I feel like 1 gal is really small....?

6. MAIN GOAL: have 3 tanks total (not including a small tank on my desk) .:oops: Ugh I have 50 gal, 29 gal, 10 gal, and 5 gal currently set up with my 5 hex empty... any ideas?

Sorry for the crazy post, but I was just wondering if anyone could help out!

See less See more
#2 ·
Ok, first off.... NOTHING under 1.5g for a permanent betta home. Those little betta tanks are only about a half a gallon, but they could wrok temporarily. adfs need floor space. Leave them in the same tank. In a 10g I wouldn't reccomend platties or guppies (guppies are HUGE brats! They are so mean to tankmates.... ) A good idea would be to put the 5g hex on your dext (if it fits) and put in a female betta and some ghost shrimp, leave the ten gallon for future plans, and keep the 5g as you have it

#3 ·
I'd move one of the frogs to the other 5 gallon. Keeping 3 ADFs i a 5 gallon is a little too much imo. Or you could split the 10 gallon and put 2 ADFs on each side.

I think the livebearers would be better in a bigger community tank.

#4 ·
That doesn't help me out to only have 3 tanks. I'm surprised you said guppies are brats. I have never had a problem with guppies and any other fish (and we've had almost every freshwater fish). They were always the most peaceful and I kept several in a 10 gallon tank. Haha I wish I would have had your ADF opinion earlier Jupiter! I posted how many in a 5 gal and everyone said 3! I'm trying to aviod splitting anything else.. ugh I'm in a pickle!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.