Betta Fish Forum banner

*Sigh*......

3K views 50 replies 22 participants last post by  nochoramet 
#1 ·
Well..... It looks like Rune has dropsy...:cry::cry::cry: His scales are raised a little, he isn't eating, and not active at all. :( I put him in his cup and I have the cup floating, so that he stays warm, but doesn't infect the whole tank. I just can't belive that one of MY fish has dropsy. :-( I guess all I can do is keep him warm and comfy? :-(

#7 ·
OK, Rune ATE a bloodworm!!!! I was so happy! :) I added salt to his cup, and he seems to have perked up a little bit. His scales are still raised a little, and he has clamped fins. I've also put some dark fabric around his tank so he isn't stressed. I'm going to do everything I can!! I think I caught it pretty early...

#10 ·
Sweet!! I think a pet store near me has JFE. I will look. I should really stock up on meds.... I need some of that stuff for Oliver's slight fin rot anyway. I think my mom will take me, because she loves Rune. :)

#13 ·
I'm really hoping that he was sick just last night. He pooped last night which is a good sign I guess. Also, I don't know if I can have CTs in my water. His fins look all curled. I will get a picture. It could just be fin rot. He doesn't look as pineconey today. I'm going to petsmart tomorrow, so I will get some JFE just to be safe.

#14 ·
Oh no! not your betta too :-( my girl has been struggling with hers for about a month almost now. So sad, I hope your fish can stay as healthy as possible. It sounds like you are doing a great job keeping him happy and stress free. Dropsy sucks :-( My girl seems to only eat blood worms as well now that she has dropsy, I just give her what she wants as I won't know how long she will last now.

Good luck, you are doing a great job, he is lucky to have a caring owner :)

#17 ·
He is still alive!! He is kinda active, but looks sick. He coughed up his food last night. He is also more pine-coney... I hate to think about him being in pain...If he gets really really sick, I think I will just euthanize him. :( I hate to think about that, but I don't want him to be in pain.

#19 ·
Aww doggy I'm so sorry. I hope he gets better and that it isn't dropsy. Euthanizing would be such a tough thing to do...

#24 ·
hows he doing? Fishy seems to be going the same way...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.