Betta Fish Forum banner

*Sigh.* Len is gone.

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  wallywestisthebest333 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm really upset about this..He was my favorite and most beautiful betta..I planned on breeding him once I found a suitable girl, and now he's gone out of nowhere. Not only that, I spent so much money to get him shipped here.

He was perfectly fine two nights ago. I fed him, his 2 gal tank was clean (cleaned it Saturday night) and he ate his food happily. I honestly admit that I didn't check on my fish last night because I was exhausted and just kind of flopped into bed, but I didn't think this would happen.

I think I need to get my water tested, because this is the second sudden death I've had recently. I took a picture, because I wanted to ask if anyone knows what the odd discoloration to his stomach and gills might be..Maybe it's a clue to something? : http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee68/RukiaGFX/riplen.png

#3 ·
Thanks Dramaqueen. =) I hope so, too, although I noticed something tonight while cleaning his tank to make room for a new boy.

Despite it being brand new, one of the plants in his tank had a piece of wire exposed and it was rusting. I wonder if maybe that could have leached something poisonous into the water..I'm going to throw it out just to be safe.

#6 ·
I think there should be a fourm to post death of bettas, R.I.P Len may you rest peacfully

#7 ·
Woah Woah Woah, do you mean the silvery color on his stomach and gils with that dark spot just around the under of the gills?
Phoxly and I had the same question!
This is definitely weird.
And from what I had heard, (on here at least) Len was a gorgeous, happy, healthy fish.
I am so sorry this happened.
I hope it gets solved soon.
Mine has the silvery discoloration as well but he's doing fine atm.

#8 ·
well it looks like he may have gotten poked on the metal and if it was poisonous that would explain the rapid passing of your fish i thin kit was a good idea to get rid of that piece of decor... i would also advise while cleaning that you use a 50/50 vinegar/water solution and then let it air dry for a day or two...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.