Betta Fish Forum banner

cloudy cycle?

627 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  AlexXx 
#1 ·
Alright so my 10 gal tank with Desmond in it has been set up for about 10-13 days, i have not done a water change yet. It got cloudy after a day or to then clear as can be. Now all of a sudden it got MAD cloudy, like wow, looks awful. I checked the ammonia immediately when i saw it and still reads 0. Ive been checking every other day. Should i do a lil water change?

#2 ·
It might be a bacterial bloom. If this tank is still newly setup I would be checking params every day to make sure you catch the ammonia and nitrites from rising to fast. But it seems you have it under control with every other day checking which is fine. When I cycle a tank I check params everyday and even if all looks fine still do a partial water change. But that's just me =] everyone's method is a little different.

#5 ·
:p Haha, that's why I just use Nutrafin Cycle, cause it's beneficial bacteria in a bottle and you add it straight to your filter. It also apparently allows immediate introduction of fish, but I've always waited a bit with the filter going, tested and than added fish.

I've never had a problem with it and it's so much faster than having to wait days for the bacteria to establish themselves naturally. Whenever I do a water change, I add a bit more to insure optimum levels of beneficial bacteria.

Cycling with fish just seems like such a hassle >.<;;

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.