Betta Fish Forum banner

What are the best betta pellets???

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Kytkattin 
#1 · (Edited)
I feel like this is a contoversial question. I have read blogs, forums and websites and always see different suggestions.

I've fed my Flushy von Royale CT - Top Fin, Aquarian and Hikari. He has eaten them all with no issue, but I find that he spits out the Top Fin and then goes back and eats it. The Hikari are a lot smaller and the package says to feed 10 pellets at a time, could that be right?

I thought that Hikari was suppose to be the best but now I hear that they changed their formula. What about New Life Spectrum (I heard that was the best) or Omega One?

So for those of you that are enthusiasts, which food do you think is best?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
12 pellets is WAY too much at once. Try 2-3 at MAX during one feeding.

I personally love the New Life Spectrum small fish pellets. I love how tiny they are so they are easy to digest (with these they get about 8-12, but the pellets are super tiny!).

I also feed frozen bloodworms. Frozen brine shrimp and daphnia are good for digestion.

I add vitamins called 'vita-chem' for color and to make sure they are getting full nutrition.

Variety is the spice of life! (but my way is better! jk. jk.)
You just have to find what works for you.

#5 ·
I use Hikari Bio Gold, they are relatively tiny pellets but I haven't had an issue with Victor or Slevin eating them. Always eaten when offered, one gulp and never spit back out.

I feed Victor (you can see how small he is) 3 pellets in the morning, and 3 in the evening. Slevin is larger than him, I feed him 4 in the morning and 4 again at night.

I haven't trialled other pellets because I believe in, if it works, dont mess around with it :)

#9 ·
Of course the package is going to tell you to overfeed. It means you will have to buy more food again, sooner! I don't think I have ever read a fish food container with proper instructions. If anyone knows of one, I would love to know which it is!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.