Betta Fish Forum banner

Will This setup work?

1K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
I have had my betta fish since around Christmas time. He lives in a 1 or two gallon tank and has a light and pump. I dont have a filter and i dont have a heater. He seems to lik his home and we haven't had any problems. There are no live plants but there is a fake cave with fake flowers. There is a Chinese Algae eater that lives with him and they seem to get along. Do you think this is a good healthy setup? If not could you please tell me what i need and where i could get it. PLease keep in mind that i don't have very much money to spend.
Thanks,
Fishboy95

#3 ·
I have also been feeding him tropical fish flakes. He will not eat beta pellets. he just swallows the pellets and spits them out.

#4 ·
Im not sure what the tempeture is. I dont have a thermometer. It feels kinda room tempeture.

#7 ·
ok thanks. I will definatly try the pellets. If i get a thermometer for it and it is too cold, how can i heat it without buying an expensive heater? Love your betta by the way.

#13 ·
AngelicScars, Thanks for all your help. 1 more question though.. lol. In your tanks do u have rocks sand or what at the bottom. And i think i will leave my algae eater in the tank because they are buds and he is only about an inch long so i don't think he is taking up very much room

#16 ·
My bettas all eat Wardens pellets. I don't know about Merlin or Aqua yet though, since they aren't eating now and probably won't for a day or so.. But Fishy and Blue eat them fine, I'm hoping the other two will eat it too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.