Betta Fish Forum banner

My first imports

1K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Bettas Rule 
#1 ·
Just like the title says folks! I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new bettas from the seller Ninebettas. One of my fish that I bid on got sick so I got to choose from a bunch of different fish for my replacement. After much though I chose a blue and yellow dragon bi color. I highly recommend the seller so far as his customer service has been excellent.
This was the fish that got sick :-(
View attachment 50419

This is his replacement

View attachment 50420
View attachment 50421

And here are the other two I bought.
View attachment 50422
View attachment 50423

Fixing to buy females for them too.

#4 · (Edited)
Thanks!!
I believe my Spidey's (notorious fav of my bettas) parents were from Ninebettas :) Another breeder I like. Congrats, they are beautiful. I really like the guy that got sick though :(
Thanks!, I actually like the MG better to be honest. :shock: I thought I was over the mustard gas coloration, but the powder blue and soft yellow are so beautiful that I had to jump on it. He had so many different colors to choose from but I just couldn't pass this one up.I actually feel like I got really lucky to pay 20 dollars to choose from all of his fish.:-D I just looked at spidey on your website, he was very pretty!

#11 ·
The sick male has some nice fins, his replacement is not nearly as nice though his color is interesting.

The blue masked BF boy has nice fins and should produce some nice fish.

The red dragon boy's fault is the anal fin but that seems to be the norm.

Good luck with the spawning.

#12 ·
Well thank you! It's all about the color for me, if I get nice form that's just an added plus. :-D
I firmly disagree with breeding just for show, all one has to do is look at all of the dogs created for the show ring to see that breeding just for show always spells disaster. That's just my opinion and as usual it's not the popular one. I always do things my own way, regardless of what everyone else is doing. It's an unfortunate byproduct of my stubborn personality.
I do keep form in mind, I just don't make it my rule when buying fish.
Like this fish for instance...He is from my spawn and I am keeping him. Sure he is no show fish, but to me he is gorgeous and I never get tired of looking at his bright vibrant colors. I wouldn't trade his color for the best form in the world.
View attachment 50583

View attachment 50584

View attachment 50585

View attachment 50586

#15 ·
He is nice TBH. It's just those rays. I breed for a mix of color and good form, if they display good form and color according to strain I'm happy. Agreed on breeding for show can cause problems but hopefully the IBC won't begin including possibly harmful variations into shows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.