Betta Fish Forum banner

Is this Normal?

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  cindylou 
#1 ·
So after conditioning I let my female out today and the Male didnt really budge. All he did was guard his nest, and when the misses comes close he darts at her for a second(she is real fast) and then goes back. Then he darted after again after she got close and the Bubble nest broke all apart and now there are just a few bubbles on the edge. Is this normal? It seems like these nests are very fragile. I guess I should maybe add a styrofoam lid after all. Any Suggestions?

#3 ·
How long should it normally take for them to actually breed? I conditioned my female in the tank for a week, she has been in there about 36 hours and its still just the chase game. Also, Will I be able to see the eggs in the nest in case I miss it? Thanks again for your help.

#5 ·
Ugh this is getting frustrating. It has been 4 days since I have let the female out in the tank and still no action:cry: Is it possible that there just not a match? The Male goes threw stages. For a few hours he just sits under his nest and looks depressed, And then all of a sudden he chases the female around the tank for a while and then nothing. He has been getting very aggressive (which i know is normal) and now the female just kinda hangs out at the bottom of some plants. So what is my next step? Or is there one? Could it be the male is just too aggressive? Or Maybe shes not ready-which seems impossible because she has all the signs. Thanks again for all the help:)

#9 ·
Ugh this is getting frustrating. It has been 4 days since I have let the female out in the tank and still no action:cry: Is it possible that there just not a match? The Male goes threw stages. For a few hours he just sits under his nest and looks depressed, And then all of a sudden he chases the female around the tank for a while and then nothing. He has been getting very aggressive (which i know is normal) and now the female just kinda hangs out at the bottom of some plants. So what is my next step? Or is there one? Could it be the male is just too aggressive? Or Maybe shes not ready-which seems impossible because she has all the signs. Thanks again for all the help:)
hey, it is probably to late and have already seperated them but if your female does not like the nest she will approach it and then take off again. if she does but gets chased off by the male , he isn't happy with the nest and will run her off, patience is all it takes. im raising two clutches now and one of my females stayed in there for a full week. when they both get ready they will spawn.:-D i always feed mine while they are chasing and building, i dont feed them when they actually spawn though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.