Betta Fish Forum banner

New User with new blue Betta!

644 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ryannz 
#1 ·
Hi, i bought a 15L (roughly 4 gallons) filtered and heated mini aquarium from my local pet store about 3 weeks ago. They told me to add stress zyme and stress coat and come back the next day to get 5 neon tetras. I kept them for about two weeks doing daily water changes and testing but after doing research i realized neons needed a larger tank so i gave them to a friend with a bigger tank. I decided to get a betta and went back to the same pet store and they sold me a small orange male, he had white by his gills and at the time i didnt know what it was but he ended up dying 2 days later. I thoroughly cleaned my tank (with tank water for filters) and did 100% water change and dosed tank. I ended up going to proper fish store and bought me this Blue Male who looked a lot better than the pet store one. Ive had him 5 days now and was wondering if he looks like hes ok? Ive still been testing water and done water changes if needed. Sorry about the long post ! Thanks

#2 ·
just a headsup did you cycle your tank if not i suggest you do that NOW!!!!! ask around or search n google how to cycle a tank

#3 ·
No i hadn't cycled my tank when i first got it as i hadn't done my research beforehand and didn't know. The tanks been cycling for just over 2 weeks now but as i said i test water at least once daily and do water changes if necessary. I use prime as my dechlorinator.

#4 ·
Cycling isn't mandatory, but it does help.

Your betta looks really healthy! He's a crowntail, which refers to the forking/spikey look off his tail. A few of the pictures look like he might have some faint stress lines, but if that's the case they'll pass. I'm sure he's settling just fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.