Betta Fish Forum banner

2 1/2 month Fry ID please

536 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Triad Angels 
#1 ·
this is one of the fry that I got from a person when I got some females from them. They said these were from a mating of a veil and halfmoon can someone id this one please as I am so new to Bettas.

See less See more
#4 ·
Halfmoons have a fuller caudal fin, Veils look thin in comparison. The spot is on the bottom between the ventral fins, it will be white and may stick out a little.

Also VT x HM will produce NO HMs. :) So you probably have Veils on your hands and maybe a round tail or two depending on what the parents were.

#7 ·
An ovi-spot isn't a sure way to tell the sex of a betta. Young males can have the white spot too - my little guy is roughly 4 months old and he still has one, and he is most definitely male. By the anal fin I'm inclined to lean more towards that it's a male. I can't help you out much about what tail type he is though, sorry :) They grow so fast though, give it a couple more weeks and you may be able to tell easier then :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.