Betta Fish Forum banner

wary - unmoving fish

370 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  coffeebutts 
#1 ·
Weh so I purchased a new betta this Weds, a double-tail half moon plakat. I kept him home in his cup til the next day when the water was ready and set him up in his tank.

Tank is 2.5 gal, heated at 78 degrees F, no filter, added Prime water conditioner like I always do.

The first day he was in it he was very active, swimming around and such. Then, the next day, I noticed he just sits in one position near the top of the tank and hardly moves at all. He just sits there not moving, but if I put my finger in he reacts and swims around. He isn't breathing hard...no ripped fins (I had one die of fin rot two weeks ago weh). No clamped fins they are both working fine, and like I said his gills don't look like he's breathign heavily. Again, he was chilling on his betta hammock sitting there unmoving for quite a while, and I put my finger in to gently push him and he swims around just fine. IDK if he's still getting used to his new environment or what...

I even changed his water last night just in case. I had two ghost shrimp in there that died so I took them out, changed the tank, etc. Now he just has one tiny one in there. IDk if he's sick I'm just really wary and afraid since I lost my last betta only a little over a week ago. I love this cutie and just hope he is well. He also isn't eating...he ate the first night, now he sometimes nips it and lets it sink to the bottom D:

Here he is when I first got him;

Those were from Weds and Thursday, here are ones I took today

Sorry very image heavy - also he kinda like shimmers so his brightness changes in the light. those spots on the top of him were worrying me but IDK if they are just part of his design/look or not x-x);

So yeah, not sure if I'm just over-reacting or what. Anyone has any advice that's cool. Like I said, other than that he seems healthy. He moves around just fine, never sits at the bottom or darts around really fast ilke he has an itch or something...he'll just sit there near the top of the tank most of the time and not move for quite awhile. Again maybe just cause he's adjusting...

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.