Betta Fish Forum banner
4M views 13K replies 2K participants last post by  Smaragdina_is_best@12345 
#1 ·
Ok, so I'm sure everyone would love to see the variety of betta tanks/bowls that we have, so post pics of yours here!:-D I have to find my camera, and then I'll get pics of my tanks :)

#6,570 ·
Fiona and Richie (DT) are divided in this. I will be changing everyone around, so it's male divided with male, and female divided with female.

Attachments

#6,572 ·
By the way, bad grammar about bettas offends me.
Can I point out, that there are people who may not be as great with literature, and happen to be partially illiterate? That is very, very offensive. I may not be illiterate, or have troubles reading and writing, but I know people who are, and frankly I stopped being a grammar nazi because I came to the realization not ALL people are awesome grammar fanatics.

#6,574 · (Edited)
The internets are very serius buznezz and we shud alwehs t8k care about geeting our spellings tests write and not make people hurt aboot our inability to speel proprely. Because that would be a shame huh? I apologize to you that you find bad grammar offensive, which is a very inappropriate word to use in regards to poor grammar. I can understand that it aggravates you, as it does me but you cannot help nor predict if someone has a learning disability, or just they lack the ability or care to spell properly. That first sentence was harder to type than the rest of this post because I have to purposely make the mistakes. So next time you feel the need to go on a tirade in a PICTURE THREAD I would suggest you unplug your modem and never visit the internet again, or perhaps look for a website dedicated to proper grammar and fish keeping!

#6,575 ·
ha ha... you know, if you don't take all this seriously it is really quite funny.

...Also, this is a forum for people all over the world, not all of them speak English as their native language, we should do as well for them.

But I think you guys must be looking for the grammar thread, this one is supposed to be about betta homes. ;)

#6,576 ·
For example, it took me a long time to get the pluralizing down... Because I happen to be a bit slower. And I still get breath and breathe mixed up :lol: I know a few on here from different places around the world, and different "levels" of literacy.

ANYWHO, the sorority tank: until I tear it down since all the females are mean poops.

Attachments

#6,579 ·
Just putting it out there, I use this site with my iPod- via mobile. Which has spell check. For some strange reason it adds apostrophes in random places. Like if I type for example, "cats" it changes it to "cat's"

#6,580 ·
#6,582 ·
LOL on my email my username is Alexusk97 and it tried spell checking it to "special"

I was unsure wether I should take that in a good way or a bad way :hmm:

#6,584 ·
my iphone spell checks "snuggle" as "smuggle".
So when I text my husband saying "Emma Demma was snuggling me this morning" it comes out as "Emma Demma was smuggling me this morning"

BTW, great tank :)
Is that a female betta?

#6,589 ·
Ooh no! Ice cubes will rapidly change the water temperature and possibly put your betta in shock! They make aquarium fans ive heard... What temp is your tank getting to?

:)

#6,599 ·
I would have 82F as the limit.
If I remember right, 85F is commonly used when conditioning bettas for breeding and for hatching/raising fry.

#6,598 ·
I keep Guppy at 79-80F, on occasion it will go up to 82, but I do live in Miami, so it gets hot here. He doesn't mind at all. I think he likes it warm, maybe because the first time started feeling good with me was when he was in his hospital tank kept at 86F.

#6,608 ·
You could try that, but just make sure you don't make the new water too cold. You don't want to lower the temp by more than about 4-5 degrees F otherwise you could shock your fish.

I have an ongoing problem with high temps in my tanks (overheated apt in winter, no ac in summer), so I will sometimes do the water change method, as well as using fans. All of my tanks have heaters but I've had to turn them way down to like 75 F because the water is usually too warm.

I do have a window AC in my bedroom, so if this summer turns out to be too hot and I can't control the temps then I'll be moving them and possibly my tarantulas to my bedroom.

#6,601 ·
I find a water change to always be the first and easiest solution for just about anything... but don't lower it too fast or you might shock your fish.

Also, if it will just work its way back up it might be a better idea to find a way to cool the water.

Try turning the lights off, replacing the cover with something light and airy if you have a glass or other heavy cover.

The fan should help though, but it will take a while, which is actually a good thing.

#6,605 ·
I live in Texas and I know some betta people that will take the heaters completely out on really hot days/weeks/months. We've had nearly two weeks of straight 100+ temperatures. x.x My heaters never kick on anymore, it's so hot.

Anyways, no new pics yet, need to put new plants in the 2.5, all I've got are some clumps of java ferns, a banana plant, and several pieces of dying bacopa, and some strands of anacharis. But I can't work on it at all cause I sprained my ankle. :( I can barely hobble over to feed my poor fishies.

#6,607 ·
What is really high is 90, and 95. And I have had that happen to my tanks. Try getting one of those cheapy dollar store ones you can flick on and off and tape it to the side of your tank :p