Betta Fish Forum banner
4M views 13K replies 2K participants last post by  Smaragdina_is_best@12345 
#1 ·
Ok, so I'm sure everyone would love to see the variety of betta tanks/bowls that we have, so post pics of yours here!:-D I have to find my camera, and then I'll get pics of my tanks :)

#9,965 ·
Yeah, walmart doesn't carry many API things if any at all. I'd get it at PetSmart if I were you, LFS items tend to be pricey unless you want to support them. My LFS sold them for 12 dollars and PetSmart was 6 so....yeah, you can probably tell my decision lol

#9,966 ·
this is my first betta ever (I call him betamax). neighbors were throwing out the 5gal tank (with a working filter and everything) so i figured i should take it and adopt something. no heater for now because the water is already in the 80s. i did have to take the buddha out today because the water was cloudy when i woke up and i had heard someone complain about buddha causing water cloudiness, but it might have just been the tank cycling... He's a really active guy.

#9,969 ·
I bought Milton a new tank recently and decked it out in some random driftwood's and some assorted plants i bought.

I re-scaped it today with the new gold vine and i'm loving the tank!!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I cant wait until the plants grow and fill in the spaces :) i might buy some more small crypts just to fill in some more space but ill leave it for now :lol:

#9,971 ·
Here's Kurgan in his 5.5. I want some floating plants but I'm starting to think if I add many more I'll have to take the fish out. :lol: I keep thinking if I add more cover he'll stop with the fin biting. You can see the chunks he's taken out of his once impressive tail. :roll: Water params are spot on and he shows no sign of rot but I worry. Anyway....here's his home!

#9,973 ·
Here's Kurgan in his 5.5. I want some floating plants but I'm starting to think if I add many more I'll have to take the fish out. :lol: I keep thinking if I add more cover he'll stop with the fin biting. You can see the chunks he's taken out of his once impressive tail. :roll: Water params are spot on and he shows no sign of rot but I worry. Anyway....here's his home!
It looks really good! I just want to note though, you have dwarf hairgrass which needs high lighting to grow. So if you want that stuff to grow I suggest getting a CFL (Compact fluorescent light) for your tank. It's the screw in fluorescent lights and either get 5,000 Kelvin or 6,500 K if you can find one. Home improvement stores/wal-mart generally have some nice cheap ones. But the watts don't matter, generally they're around 9-10 watts anyway but it will save you electricity and help your plants to grow! :-D

#9,974 ·
Yeezus' new 4 gallon he's been in there for about a week and loves it so far.
In the tank I have 1 Dwarf lilly, 2 moss balls and a decent sized piece of mopani wood. I'm lloking to add shrimp some time this week. Since I put a few hiding spots for them I'm hoping they dont get eaten.:lol:

#9,975 ·
Ooh, that's a pretty tank, cubanbetta. :)

#9,983 ·
I saw the bamboo in one of the tanks in this thread! It really IS a good idea, haha.

I finally got a good picture of Gallifrey's tank! :D It's not normally that bright, I moved the light over so I could take some nice pictures. Notice how he inserted himself into the picture as I was taking it. :sarcastic:

He expanded that bubble nest quite a bit while the light was on, too bad it's tank cleaning day!

#9,992 ·
Just a little update on the tank.

I changed some plants around / added more as well as upgraded the lighting.
Ill possibly add some other background plant to that back space that looks pretty blank..
Not sure whats a good low tech plant that wont over tank my tank, suggestions??

and one of its resident, Milton :)

#9,993 ·
Oh, Milton is stunning. I absolutely adore white bettas!