Betta Fish Forum banner

Nice To Meet you! :)

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Freyja 
#1 ·
Hello :)
My name is Shahmea and I am a new Betta owner.
I have a veil-tailed male betta, I named him Kaida (pronounced Ka-ee-da) which is Japanese for "Little Dragon" I think it suits him very much:)

He has so much colors I didn't think it was possible. He has black, electric blue, red, turquoise and purple. :)

I got him two days ago, and he is still very shy and usually hides behind the filter or in between his tropical plants and LOVES to sleep in them. He sees me and hides lol. He won't eat infront of me yet either, but I am trying to warm him up :)

My sister owns 3 Male Betta and one Female, and my other sister owns a male. :)

I'm still trying to figure out how to use this site, however it is nice to meet you all! :-D:-D

#2 ·
Yay!!! Congrats on your new betta and welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I see your sisters rubbed off their bettaloving bug to you. Have fun and nice to meet ya.

My Vader was like that too for the first few days.... He'll warm up to ya, no worries.

#3 ·
Nice to meet you too :) Yeah he's really really shy but so pretty so I couldn't resist. Hope he hurries up and becomes familiar with me I would love to put pictures up of him! He loves hanging around the filter, and his tail got sucked in a few times (it's really long lol) So I had to cut up a stocking and put it over it :/ That's what the pet shop said to do.. I'm getting a new one at the end of this week though :oops:

#5 ·
Thank you :) I think it suits him.
He loves to swim around, when i'm not looking or when i'm not in the room and when he can't see me because he's very shy at the moment :L

I will be posting pictures once he gets used to me :) And when he stops hiding!!

I'm glad to have the Betta bug ;-)

#9 ·
Thank you :)
I took a photo but it isn't very good and he only posed for this photo very briefly. He is coming out a LOT more now though, but only to me. He actually came right out to the screen where I was looking and was looking at me. He is a total beauty :) It's a shame you can't see his colors really in the photo. :c I wish I had a camera!

#12 ·
Hello :)

- Update! He is no longer shy, actually the COMPLETE opposite, whenever he hears me coming into the room, he'll race to the front and follow me EVERYWHERE. I've been trying to get photos of his colours but he is always turning to me and following me :p

#14 ·
Hello..it's good to meet you here! Your betta sounds amazing! I know what you mean about the filter and their fins, I'm glad you got it covered. There are a lot of very good people here, so ask questions anytime! These folks know their bettas.

#16 ·
Thanks guys :D Yeah i've actually gotten a new filter recently, and it has a really good flow etc he loves it, he's always darting everywhere now. He really is pretty I just wish he would let me take a picture haha! :) Nice to meet you guys too, and I will be sure to ask :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.