Betta Fish Forum banner

Do all Betta's eat this much?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  inspiringmind 
#1 ·
I think I have the hungriest Betta in the world. Frito seems to want to eat a bunch. I mean, I wake up in the morning and give him a pinch. About an hour later he is swimming up towards the hole and I give him a little more and he eats it. So now it is about an hour later and he is doing the same thing. Being one fish I can't imagine him eating THAT much, so I am confused. I just put a little more in that tank and he is eating it!! I don't want to over feed him though!

#2 ·
What you are describing is not an indicator that the betta is hungry. He is breathing air, bettas have a labyrinth organ which allows them to breathe atmospheric air. Continue at the rate you are going, and your betta will develop swim bladder disorder in no time.

#4 ·
Thanks! That is what I was thinking. The last time I feed him I did watch him and he spit it out, then ate it, spit it out and then ate it. I am giving him very small pinches of food though. I have Tertra BettaMin and he may get about 10 partials of flakes at a time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.