Betta Fish Forum banner

what are some cool 2.5g set-ups?

854 views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  crowntail lover 
#1 ·
Hi! I currently have two 2.5gs needing to be set up for 2 of my HM marble males and I just dont know what I want to do with them just yet..?
And I was wondering if you all could help my out with some ideas and maybe some pictures with your tanks and what you used to put them together. :].

I have a lot of supplies already.

3 bags of natural colored rocks
1 bag of black rocks
10+ fake plants
5 clay pots
3 bags of white black natural mixed colored rocks
(all needs to be cleaned!) (any pointers to what works best)

Thanks
Sara
:]

#4 ·
You could seperate the black & white gravel. Than, you will put the black in one 2.5g and the white in one 2.5g - Thank you can slightly "sprinkle" white on top of black. (like ten black). Than do the same with black on top of white. (like ten white)

#6 ·
Sashi- Thats sounds pretty cool! But I dont know what I would do for decor.
Luimeril- I like the natural look as well. But I still dont know what to do for the decor...
I know I am going to set up a bubble stone because they are so much easier to take care of so that leaves more room for other things.
Do you think I should go with live or fake plants with this small of a set up? BTW..these are red marble HM

#9 ·
I believe you can use vinegar and water to clean decor, or just boil the deco really really well, then let air dry.

For deco, if you go for a natural look, I think terra cotta pots are pretty good decoration. You turn 'em sideways, break 'em, and it could look like a little garden. Or, you could get an old glass jar, cover it in aquarium sealant and gravel, so its a tunnel, but looks more natural and rocky.
You could get driftwood, and maybe try to "carve" a hole in it (I don't know how well this would work though, I've never tried it) or a coconut cave.

The black with a few white sprinkles of gravel idea sounds cool, and the vice versa idea.

#12 ·
Dont boil the decor! D8 It might/probably will melt it...Trust me. Alle got ich when I first had him...oh, the decor I lost to boiling.

Scalding-ish water, not boiling, is about all you need!
That is so strange, you usually hear people reccomending to boil decor. I've never done it, I usually rinse in very VERY hot water.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.