Betta Fish Forum banner

Sick Beta

426 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  BigTuna 
#1 · (Edited)
We've had our beta for a year. We picked him out bought him some rocks and a'tree' and took him home. We let his water sit for a day, and then tossed him in. He lives in a flower vase, probably about 3/4 gal? He gets regular water changes of 50% and has only honestly had 4-5 100% changes? :oops: I freaked out the first full water change because I didn't understand the shock. He doesn't have a warmer or any 'treatments'either. He gets BettaMin flakes daily and a couple freeze dried bloodworms (over fed?).. However he's always been active, flashes his gills, eats regularly and he's never had bloat etc. I was thinking the other day that he looks like his color is fading. Today I changed his water and introduced him over the course of 2 hrs and then put him in the tank and he was fine but then started his 'shock' behavior. When he lays do I need to keep him moving or leave him? I'm confused if it helps keep oxygen flowing or further stresses him out. I've already cried. He's my favorite pet and after all I've read today I've done a terrible job caring for him. I have him in a shallow bowl now, and he's still responsive but lethargic. Its been 4 hrs :cry:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.