Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #101 
Namialus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertTheFish View Post
Well, I had my betta in a 10 gallon with 6 guppies. 2 died from a sudden pH crash (driftwood addition) and then he murdered the other 4, 1 per night. The last one died last night.

I might try some rasboras or mollies or an ADF.

Good luck on your search for betta companions. I'm finding it to be hit and miss.

Strange thing is, the LFS has a male betta in almost every tank they have. There's even a tank that has a betta and about 10 kissing gouramis, which is not supposed to be possible, but they all get along. What the heck?
I think an ADF would be best as I've heard they're also hardy.

I'm still trying to convince my parents, after they saw the snail it was a big NO to any snails so now the only thing I can get is a betta and even that is going to be difficult.

I want to get a Marimo ball as well.

I do want ADFs now though but my mom says no.
Namialus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #102 
RobertTheFish

Just train the frogs to hide when she comes in your room.

RobertTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:58 PM   #103 
Kiara1125

Haha! Parents are always an issue with everything. :/
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:00 AM   #104 
Namialus

LOL!

I went to Petsmart and saw the cutest little guy today. He was red and small and kept on looking at me. He had very minor fin rot but nothing some warm clean water couldn't fix up, and I HAD to get him. But no, mother said no. :(
Old 07-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #105 
Kiara1125

Aww! :( see, my parents hate my tanks and tell at me whenever I get more fish. My response: "I've been keeping fish for almost 4 years now. Stop telling at me for these dang things. You don't take care of them, I do. And, quite frankly, I enjoy them, so let me be happy and continue with my hobby." Course, you can't say the exact same thing, but ... xD my dad told me last week that I was only allowed to have two tanks. I still have 5. (Such. A. Rebel! xD)

Still, I hope you and your parents work out an agreement. I tend to always win my arguments by saying that I know more about fish than they do, therefore I know what they need and what they can handle.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #106 
Namialus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara1125 View Post
Aww! :( see, my parents hate my tanks and tell at me whenever I get more fish. My response: "I've been keeping fish for almost 4 years now. Stop telling at me for these dang things. You don't take care of them, I do. And, quite frankly, I enjoy them, so let me be happy and continue with my hobby." Course, you can't say the exact same thing, but ... xD my dad told me last week that I was only allowed to have two tanks. I still have 5. (Such. A. Rebel! xD)

Still, I hope you and your parents work out an agreement. I tend to always win my arguments by saying that I know more about fish than they do, therefore I know what they need and what they can handle.
LOL! I wish I could buy more tanks by choice but we don't live in a very large home so I only have one. I'll say something like that to them, though! :P

I'm hoping to convince my mom to take me there so I can get him and divider materials from the crafts shop (which is right by Petsmart) but I don't know. I hope no one bought him, but he was the only active one compared to the others.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #107 
Kiara1125

Haha, yeah. Good luck!