Betta Fish Forum banner

Another boy! Please help with names :)

2K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  xSomethingSmellsFishyx 
#1 ·
Last night I brought home my fish tank (1.8-2 gallons approx, I think it's about 6.7 litres) and was planning on using it as either a hospital tank or a temporary tank for Ruby, because it is a tiny bit too small for a permanent tank. Well, anyway darling big brother (have I mentioned how awesome he is!) went to the LFS to get some plants for his tank and as always looked at the bettas for me, and I got a picture message with what appeared to be a red betta and a dark blue one, but he said it was white, so I decided that I wanted it! So he brought home my beautiful new fishy. He said there was two whites, a pearly white and a 'more see through one' (which I am assume is a cellophane) but he brought home the 'pearly white' one. Sooo a couple of pictures to help with names (and I'll set up a thread in the photos with more of him along with some pictures of my brothers tank which I want to turn into a sorority, but he said no :cry: ) I picked up a 25L tank today which I'll transfer him into once I get everything I need.

Introducing no name fishy:

I like to name all my babies after Supernatural; I currently have Dean, Sammy & Castiel and the new girl I'm waiting on will probably be called Ruby (and the previous girl was Lilith) so I'm tossing up between:

Winchester
Azazel
Bobby
Ash
Gabriel
Chuck

I'm leaning towards Winchester and Gabriel to be honest, but help me guys!!

And on a random note, I've moved Castiel into the divided tank with Dean, and Sammy into Castiel's old tank to see if I can work out why his fins are so horrid :( My poor fish.

See less See more
#3 ·
Another friend suggested Colt... but I'm really like Gabriel as well :p

#10 ·
AngelicScars, my dad's name is John. I thought it would get confusing if I named my fish John! Lol

I'm thinking Gabriel might be a winner :):)

#12 ·
We already have a cat called Nikiya that gets shortened to Niki, while I'm a Nicole that gets called Nicci by most of the people I know, and that's bad enough!! Lol

#14 ·
I generally prefer Nicci to Nicole. At my old job everyone called me Nicci, but at my new one its Nicole, so it depends who I'm around. I think it's weird when my boyfriend calls me Nicole, but weird when Mum calls me Nicci. Lol

#21 ·
Just letting you all know I'm going with Gabriel. I was talking to my friend last night who happens to be a Supernatural fan, and she said she likes Gabriel as well, so it is decided :) He is probably going to be moved into a divided 6 gallon, but for some reason the divided 6 gallon looks smaller in size than the 1.8-2 gallon (stupid conversions!) But we shall see :) So there might be another girl & or boy on the way ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.