Betta Fish Forum banner

My agressive Little guy..*sigh*

2K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  bastage 
#1 ·
Well..i recently got a 5 gallon tank :D YAY!!! my little zipper seems to be LOVING it! only problem is..im wanting to add a tank mate...as an experiment to see how agressive zipper would be towards a potential tank mate..i toke a peice of fishing line, affixed it to a light colored, small fake fish..and dropped it into his tank..making it slightly move..and being the little hellfish he is..he went ballistic on it..picking it up and shaking his head like a rabid dog -.- i still want a tank mate..and have been considering shrimp or an african dwarf frog..will he kill these New friends if i place them in the tank?? o.o
:shock:

#28 ·
I have 9 betta's who are in close proximity to shrimp, so far nothing more then a few curious circles from the betta's other then one shrimp who decided to swim to the top of my 20g & grab a pellet in between 3 female betta's who quickly made the shrimp think twice about that.. They didn't hurt him though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.