Betta Fish Forum banner

whats are some of the most rare and or sought after bettas

5K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  registereduser 
#1 ·
since im new , just wondering what are the most rare and sought after bettas out there.

please post some pictures

thanks alot

#3 ·
i used to think ones in my avy were rare. now i just think its uncommon. imo its yellow and orange betta that are rare. ive seen pics of red/yellow mix bettas but no true orange one yet. closest one i saw and own is my betta named halloween. he's had some fin issues due to getting used to his new home but its going to be a bit worse later on as he'll go into a 5g divided. his dorsal split and 3-4 rays worth of anal tail are gone. caudal tail split and damaged. thought he was double tail but that split seems to have sealed up so im unsure if he's delta or double.

#10 ·
ive lately seen a few yellow betta. they weren't 100% yellow but almost 70% on the body.

#13 ·
we just found a beautiful purple HMPK at petco last night (i almost bought him a few weeks ago, but got a red VT instead. then we popped back in and got him anyway this week!) he's got a nice, beautiful solid purple coloration, and white-trimmed almost-butterfly finnage. same trip we also got a lovely marbled green butterfly SDeT, who's got just a hint of blue and ALMOST pure green. my fiance, the better photographer, is gonna try to take some photos later today, my feeble attempts are here: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=111912

#15 ·
a true purple with no wash is pretty rare, as well as albino.

Yellow, orange, and black are a just uncommon and it really depends on your area. I find blacks all the time, my walmart was getting tons of them. Yellow went through the same faze. I have never seen a truly orange betta so i suppose you could classify it as rare?

#16 ·
if someone could figure out a way to breed calico coloring (as in goldfish) into bettas, those things would probably be the most beautiful animals on the planet.

#17 ·
A lot of people are after specific tail types.. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes.. Many love halfmoons and plakat tail types...

Good form, which is uncommon to be found in pet store bettas. Typically found in well bred bettas, coming from GOOD breeders who breed show quality fish..

Pet store wise people seem to be attracted to solid whites, blacks, etc/ Marbles are also liked by many. Red and blue are dominant traits and therefore more commonly found in bettas, so they are less sought after. veil tails are very common as well, so less people admire their beauty.

#24 ·
Solid deep purple and true green(non turquoise) are very rare colors. Solid black is also hard to come by. True albinos with pink eyes are the rarest and most sought after by breeders and serious collectors.

#28 ·
I think my Freddy is pretty rare... a Blue MG turned solid yellow...

Even his black beard went yellow:

thats very bizarre to say the least. do you happen to have pics of him before or during the process? i wonder if my orange betta might do something like that. there are turquoise highlights on his tail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.