Betta Fish Forum banner

Whats your bettas personality?

3K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  lovebug009 
#1 · (Edited)
Silly things our fish do!

We all know our bettas have 'interesting' individual characteristics : P some unusual and sillier than others! What personality and habits does your betta have? Share here!

#2 ·
Octo thinks he's a fighter jet. He swims to the top of the tank, dives, and zooms through his cave and toy ball, does loop de loops, and swims to the top to do it all over again. He's afraid of my Herpes plush (literally - it's the plush version of what a herpes virus looks like). He zooms off and hides in his cave when he sees it.

Nero (formerly Hestia) is afraid of red nail polish, but eagerly follows Herpes around. He doesn't do much out of the ordinary (he's the normal one out of the two).

#3 ·
Blaze:pretty aggressive,curious,funny :) and very protective (I guess that falls in with aggressive).
Prince:Shy,also curious,likes to be (well as close as he can)close to you.

#4 · (Edited)
Oh and Prince(when it comes to things like sudden movement is the total opposite of Blaze)Will run...swim right into his cave and not come out till everything is perfectly still :)

#5 · (Edited)
Red nail polish? LOL!

Ryu is scared of glow in the dark aquarium plants, eats bubbles from bubblestone, likes to swim with or against the current of his new filter, sleeps on top of his plants like a nest,*cuddles* with his thermometer, litterally yawns after he wakes up from naps, and as soon as he sees my spouse or me-rushes to the surface in his feeding corner and *begs* for food!

#6 ·
my one fish that has such a unique personality is Demyx...he flares at anyone but me...hes on my dresser so everyone sees him lolz he is so social...he comes right up to the glass and says "hello!", after of corse he flares his butt off at the strange person... he only stops flaring if i put my hand to the glass or look right at him

#7 ·
this is a fun topic. ^^

my betta yangtze is actually quite...normal. doesn't have any particular quirks or anything. i've had bettas in the past that had very distinct personalities. this guy is quite active, sleeps on top of his heater...his favorite thing seems to be when i put a mirror up to his tank. he LOVES to flare. he flares like crazy and makes his fins as huge as possible. he seems to be very...masculine in some way. lol! kind of stoic, and into fighting.

#9 ·
I just got a female, Kasumi, and I set her tank against Ryu's just to introduce them. Ryu immedietly shot out a lot poop when he saw her and showed off like he was hot stuff! She followed him across the tank-not shy- and turned dark Kasumi is extremely active o_O

#10 ·
My female Suki is quite funny. Whenever someone looks at her, she zooms right over to you and practically paces along the wall until you leave. Then she will go back to her own business. She also loves to rest, lying on her plastic plant.

My mom's male Po, always flares when anyone comes to his tank. He always has some bubble nest going.

#11 ·
most my bois are aggressive except for 2 lol the 2 will flare for abit nd then thats it lol Ora my orange VT attacked that divider 2day

#12 ·
I would say the one with the most personality of mine is my work betta, Bullet. He is a silvery blue CT. Anytime I turn my chair to look or come around the corner of my cubicle he zooms to the front of the tank to say hi. Really he is just hoping I will feed him more food but I like to think he is saying hi. If I point a pen at his tank or my finger he flairs really big at it. It is hilarious. If I get it too close though he darts off to the back of the tank. He is really just a big weenie!

All of my others have crazy personalities too but his is the quirkiest and I would be writing a novel if I tried to talk about each one. Lol!

#13 ·
Sir Crispin is a pretty chill, friendly fish. He loves to rest in his plants and sprawl on top of his cave. He's very fond of me, and likes to watch me draw or work on my laptop. Both of us will wiggle-dance at the other and play hide-and-go seek. He'll look at me from behind his cave or plants until we make eye-contact. Then he'll zoom to the front of his tank and wiggle at me.

He also likes to chomp on plant roots or algae, then spit them back out. xD

#14 ·
Kaida is such a derp. She likes to hide under her substrate to get me to search 10 minutes for her until she zooms out like, "HA HA I GOT YOU!" She also likes to wiggle and flare at me. When she had her old filter it made a LOT of bubbles and literally she would hide in the bubbles. She would sit there and stare at them and go inside them and just hang around there. When I feed her, she likes to put on a "show", too. She'll purposely act like a Great White Shark or something, LOL! She does the quick "snatch and roll" or make excess body shaking to "rip it apart"!! It's cute C:

I'm still getting to know Julep. But he's so adorable. He has a skull with like 5 entrances. He will start from the top of the tank and shoot down into the nose entrace then wriggle up through the eye hole! He also works on bubble nests like a mad man. I swear every time I look in there he's working on it! He thinks he's "Mr. Macho" and flares constantly but is deathly scared of his live food. >.< I literally have to kill the flies for him to eat it. And if my finger touches the water, ho ho he's OUT OF THERE. He also likes to suck all the bubbles up from the sides of the tank. One time a little drop of water was on the OUTSIDE of the tank and he spent 2 minutes trying to get it. I finally wiped it off to end his torture. ;)

#15 ·
HongBo is a typical "man": He flirts with me and Meilin all of the time (and Meilin is across the desk!). He builds bubble nests for me on our mutual corner of the tank, he kisses the tank when I make kissy faces at the tank. He also pretends he's a submarine, his dorsal fin is always up like a periscope and he scoots around the tank looking around like a deep-sea explorer. He sleeps in two ways, either on top of the heater by the dial, or on top of his moss ball, Alfred, his favourite being sleeping on Alfred. He yawns when he's sleepy and yawns when he wakes up in the morning...he's a VERY heavy sleeper. Most fish I know wake up when they sense anything, but I can turn on his light while he's asleep and he won't even notice (I was checking because I thought he disappeared).

Meilin is quite the girl, too. She's very smart, she's always exploring her tank even though it's smaller than HongBo's. She likes dancing for me and showing off in front of the tank. When I feed her she's like a shark, she'd stare at the food for a second, reel backwards, then attack!!! She always sleeps near the top, on top of her *very* girly decorations (pink and purple plants, with some yellow) and always likes to pretend to "stalk" something in the plants. She always "knows" when I'm going to change her water, and she's very difficult to catch, but once she's caught she doesn't protest much. Since her tank is small, I do 100% water changes, so that means I have to reorganize her decorations. When I do this, she is VERY sassy for a good half our. She'd first swim around her tank once, then glare at me for a few minutes, then sulk in front of me, then she would annoyingly poke her decorations, as if she's trying to fix them up xD

#16 · (Edited)
My lil guy (still unnamed) has fallen in love with the heater. He doesnt care about me lol. Hes forever making a bubblenest around it and just swimming round it randomly. Love the look he gives me when im bout to catch him to do the water change ,its like 'oii what do you think ur doinn?' written all over his little face ,its hilarious xD

#19 ·
Saix is a very active and outgoing little guy. He'll come to you if you make the noise for a cat to come to you. He treats his "caution" sign like a little house, and the thermometer is his best friend. He dances to Michael Jackson music and I think he's afraid of T-Pain. XD He likes to watch whenever I'm on this site to see all of the other beautiful fishies like him.

#20 ·
haha my female haruhi is quite the worrywort. she follows tamaki around on her side of the tank as if to make sure he wasnt going to do something bad... shes very spunky, and quite aggressive when it comes to eating. a very manly girl!

my male betta tamaki is actually the very opposite of haruhi. hes very gentle and uh, passive? half the time he doesnt take up the flaring offer from haruhi. hes a very girly guy XD sometimes i wonder if ive got gender confused fish! 0_o

but theyr both such suckups! everytime i go in my room i see them plastered on the front of the glass wiggling their tails and going up and down the glass. they dont leave the front until i get up from watching them, which is really cute :3

#21 ·
Hehe all these fish sound so silly!

My fish Shiro tries to act big and tough but really he is just a little scaredy cat. If I place my hand next to his tank he'll swim up to it quickly and stares my hand down then flares. If I make movement with my hand he'll back up really slowly after he's sure he's far enough back he'll flare again in the distance and swim away as if to say, "That's right I sure showed you!" Lol when he swims into the current and gets pushed away he'll flare and push his away through the current.

#23 ·
Two of my favourite personalities were my two old CTs who've passed away: Renard and Corona.

Renard was SO cute. he had a little baby face. he was like a puppy, always coming up to greet me when I came in, his little tail wagging, and following me around his tank as I did my business. But towards other bettas, he'd get really aggressive. xD

Corona was a total flaremonster. I had him next to Renard and another boy for a while, and he never did get used to them. He'd even flare at the boys while they were sleeping. :lol:

Right now, Ruben is a pretty sweet guy. He doesn't flare much...he's a huge pig. He mainly cares about eating. He'll eat under any situation, lol.

Chartereuse is pretty chill, but he seems to want to be with Ruben A LOT. I've caught him getting through the divider a few times and chilling on the other side (Ruben didn't mind much), so I've put him in another tank now.

Kipper is pretty spaced out. He just kinda chills in his tank. he won't even really notice food unless I blow it around in front of his face, then he's like "Wha-OH!"
I put little plastic cubes (the kind you put in the freezer to make ice) in his tank to play with, and he gave it one look and then totally ignored it. xD

#24 ·
omg.. so I got another baby girl named Sakura. Cute lil pink and red baby : ) she is very sweet and calm acts like Bubbles from the powerpuff girls. I got a divider tank to introduce her to her new sissy Kasumi- my zealous hyper female crowntail. Kasumi is a lil jumper and she flipped over the divider ( with the lid on?! ). I was scared and had the net ready to scoop her out. No one was flaring gills. Kasumi like swims up to Sakura all curious and I tried to scoop her out. O-O (Kasumi's face) and she nipped at Sakura before I scooped her out. *peck* Poor baby...she like sat in the corner crying and Kasumi is in trouble. Sakura turned mad and started flaring gills and scared Kasumi. So now they are separated and I am treating my cherry blossom baby and my blue troublemaker is in big time out. Im getting at least 3 more females before I get my sorority and maybe Kasumi will be nicer... Sakura-to-Kasumi: "pfff... meanie!" >:'( Kasumi is a crazy a** fish...

Meanwhile... Ryu got a bigger tank ( spoiled boy) and is gracefully eating and chasing the filter bubbles!

#26 ·
My bettas are in the Kitchen and of course we all know this is the busiest room of the house. So they entertain and get entertained a lot:)
Charlie acts tough, but as soon as my camera comes near he runs and hides. He will flare at me until I feed him. I call him my grumpy man.
Pepe La Pew (formerly Elric) acts curious, he has not flared once since I have had him and when I take out the camera, he swims back and forth in front of it, like a fashion model:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.