Betta Fish Forum banner

Any one have this vacuum?

726 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  labloverl 
#1 · (Edited)
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tom-12-x-1-Nozzle-Gravel-Siphon-Fish-Aquatic-Pets/20700459

I need a new vacuum, for my 10 gallon that is divided 3 ways. As you can imagine, it is hard to get those self start vacuums into the small space between dividers. I don't know what all kinds of vacs are out there, but do they make cheap ones with an easier way to start them. I don't like the self starting ones, because if you don't suck on the tube, then you really slosh the fish's water around and risk pushing dividers over. I'm also open to hand made vacuums.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Yea, i have one almost just like that. I think it's a bit smaller. It works great, but all of the different methods for starting them either slosh the water a lot, or require it to be completely submerged which there's not really room for in my 10 gallon that's divided 3 ways. I have cut a couple of inches off of it, and it fits a bit better.

#8 ·
#9 ·
The one you linked from walmart has a priming bulb. It should work the same as the one from petco that was also linked. Click on the pic and hit shift and mouse wheel to zoom in on the image. The package also says self starting. Its cheap enough and if it doesn't work bring it back to walmart for a refund.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.