Betta Fish Forum banner

My beta is floating upside down in the bottom of her tank

9K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Little-Fizz 
#1 ·
She is brand new and she is in a glass bowl for now, but she is floating in the bottom upside down sometimes. She is still breathing and moving just lost alot of color, I tried to warm her up by adding a litlle bit of warm water. Her color started to come back but still one the bottom. What kinda of h eat could I use rightnow with out going and buying a heater tonight??? :cry:

#3 ·
great idea...thats what I do to bring it down when getting too warm on hot days. Good suggestion!

I'd be careful about adding the warm water directly to the tank, as it may mess up the levels you have going. Good luck with your fish...hope everything turns out ok.

#5 ·
Try putting her in a warm room of the house. The heat packs are a good idea as they last quite a while. If you don't have them, do you have a cornbag (just what it sounds like, a bag filled with corn that you heat up)? That would work temporarily, but you may need to wake up and reheat it every couple hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.