Betta Fish Forum banner

HAUNTED TANK: Ghost of... Shrimps

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  BettasForever 
#1 ·
As you all know *Glare* Or you should...

About a month ago ALL 16 of my Ghost shrimp died mysteriously.
I had put Drax in a vase and then SANITIZED the ENTIRE tank. Plants, and decor. Finding many dead baby shrimps in the process... kinda sad really.

Anyway, just about 10 minutes ago I was doing a water check and examining the Java Fern which had detached part of a leaf (A new Baby Java was growing from the end and it seems to kill part of the parent leaf to allow the baby to float off and attach somewhere else). I noticed what I thought was a gray smudge... then to my surprise I find this!

To any of you who actually remember how much my mom loved the shrimp. Guess how excited she was :-D

I have NO idea where this guy came from! I honestly think... HE'S A GHOST! :3
SERIOUSLY! I know they are only like... a quarter a pop but this is so cool! How on EARTH did this guy survive my Rough Cleansing... Did his egg happen to be in the vase with Drax? Did he come from the water of the Petsmart fish?
Or... is he really a ghost.... *Makes Ghost noises*

PS:
Yes of COURSE the one icky leaf in my tank is in frame. The Mondo Grass is still Acclimatizing.

And... Also oddly enough Drax cured himself of whatever was wrong with his fins... Today Poof just no evidence they were shredding. >.>

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.