Betta Fish Forum banner

Which pair should I breed?

855 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  vilmarisv 
#1 ·
Hey guys!
I'm going to be preparing a new spawning tank this weekend.
I definitely want to use my new fish from Martinsmommy, they are awesome!
I'm having a hard time deciding who to spawn first. I'm leaning towards my yellow male and my yellot dt female. They are not siblings from the same spawn but they share the same sire. I do have a sibling female to my male which has developed awesome finnage! So, it's VERY hard to decide. My dt female has YELLOW eyes!! :shock:
I also not sure if I should wait for the male and use my pastel with one of the girls since he's more mature.
I don't have current pictures :-( I was planning to do a session this weekend after tank cleaning but I have pics from 2 weeks ago. They look very young in the pics, they have grown significantly.

This is the yellow sibling pair (Yellow HM male, yellow HM female):
Multicolor DT line

This is the other male (Pastel HM):
Multicolor MG line, carries marble, ST parents

And my DT female:
Multicolor MG line, carries marble, ST parents

So... what do you think??
I greatly appreciate your input!!

See less See more
#5 ·
This isn't going to be easy, I guess.
I think the DT and Pastel would be the best choice for now since they are almost 4 weeks older than the other two.
I'm just so excited about my yellow male, he's captured my heart. He was only 10 weeks old in the picture and his finnage has improved quite a bit.
I should really post current pics of all of them.
The pastel has beautiful finnage and I love his coloring. He has a lot of chocolate coloring.

#6 ·
YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW!!!!!!!!! And save me a pair (or three ;-)).

I saw them on her collage and wished I could have bought them. So pretty. What size are they? Usually age doesn't matter as long as they are able (big enough) and willing (bubblenesting, flaring, etc).

If you think they need to grow out a little more the second pair is very nice as well and giving the male a month or so to mature will help you be able to see what he's really going to look like once his fins are full grown.

#7 ·
ROLF!
That's exactly what my gut is telling me!
But I think I'm using the DT female with the Yellow boy because she doesn't have any blue iridescence. My HM female has a little too much for my taste.
And did I said my Dt has YELLOW EYES?? LOOOVE them!!
They are almost adult size, they sure are "chuncky" as puplemuffing so well described them ;-) and they flare at eachother all the time. My male hasn't built a bubblenest yet so I might introduce them this weekend and if he doesn't build one I won't release her and try again next week.
Eeeeekkk! I'm excited!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.