Betta Fish Forum banner

Getting a New Tank

298 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  RussellTheShihTzu 
#1 · (Edited)
My two five-gallon tanks sit on a board over my end table with a nesting table leveled and butted up against it. Side-by-side, the tanks are a couple of inches longer than the end table itself. This way I can watch my fishie friends while I'm watching TV or on the laptop.

I wasn't happy with the LED lights that came with the 5-gallon Hawkeye kits I purchased from Wal-Mart. I bought two 10-gallon hinged canopies and a 36" Coralife fluorescent fixture. These span the two tanks perfectly.

So, of course, I got all this set up and decided I wanted a divided 20L but was worried about the weight of a glass tank (25+ pounds) compared to acrylic (less than 10). But the cost of acrylic....Hoochie Mama! Plus, they all came with some sort of hood or canopy that I didn't need.

Now I've found a guy who will make a 20L + removable opaque divider with holes large enough at the bottom for the shrimp to pass through! It's still almost $100 more than a glass 20L but I'd hate myself if I got up one morning to find glass, water, Si, Willie and the shrimp on the floor.

Are not we amazing on what we will do for our aquatic friends???

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.