Betta Fish Forum banner

The growth of Envy the baby :)

14K views 164 replies 17 participants last post by  lilnaugrim 
#1 ·
Here is where I will be posting pictures of my Envy as he/she grows up :)

I've always wanted a baby betta, and it turns out that since they only had ONE dead baby, that this batch was actually decent. I got the most colorful one there :)
For now i call Envy a him.

Date bought: March 4th 2013

Day1:

In his petco cup:

Being acclimated in his 1.75 gal

See less See more
#81 ·
haha thanks!!! :D

He hates it when I use the flashlight on him, but its the only way I can get a picture of him that isn't a shadow.

I'm hoping to get another Hex tank like what Bee has, and that will come with an LED light :) I'll be removing the filter because I dont think it's necesary, and I really don't think Envy could handle it.

But that means much better photos! Just a little, well, angular xD

#82 ·
Day 41

Whoops! SKipped a few days!!! D:

There isn't much of a development other than the fact that his fins are growing c:

#84 ·
Unrelated note:

Envy is currently in a 1.5 gallon tank. Although he looks spiffy in his 3 gallon, it's taking up a LOT of room and I needed to move the 2 new girls in separate QT tanks, so the bigger tank had to go for now. He will then go into the 2 gallon Hex hopefully when I get that. Essentially, I'll be bringing a LOT of tanks back home -.-

Here is one of the new girls. The other looks just like her, but I'm excited to see them interact with the other girls :) From what I saw when they were in the baggies, the older girls have no interest in them, so let's hope it stays that way.

And my desk.

Reactions: dramaqueen
#89 ·
Thanks! That was actually hand painted and it took forEVER xD But it gets the point across! :D

And indeed! I'm contempating switching my avatar to Day 1, but I feel like it's much more fun to do when he's already had the color :)

He looks a lot like my Arrow.
I'd love to see pics :)

He's growing up beautifully! I love how the tanks have taken over your desk(s)
Thanks!
And yes, they have! But well, once I get the bookshelf, the 4 girls will be in one xD So that knocks out an additional two tanks.

He has changed so much!
Indeed he has :)
I'm shocked myself xD

#90 ·
Day 45

He was stressed because I put him in the .3 gallon to take some pics.

And here is his royal stubborness refusing to flare.

#96 ·
He's starting to look like a VT again, but he's a gorgeous one for sure. I love seeing the growth in him!

#97 ·
@ Snoe I wish he was! :<
He's still only about the length of the top section of my finger (meaning he's still small). According to a site someone posted about the size of betta babies, he's only 8-9 weeks old... o.o

@Lil, YES HE IS! He keeps second guessing himself xD
And well, that's exactly why I made this journal :) I figured others woud enjoy this as much as me ^^

I did get some good flaring pics after feeding time :)
Ignore my pudgey fingers on the side

#98 ·
Hmmm, I wonder if he could be a Spade tail. I know it s a recessive trait of VT and just a different form of VT but it would be so cool and awesome to see that come back! I love his little flare! His tail looks amazing :D

EDIT: by the way, I know it's probably highly unlikely to be a ST, it was just me being a wishful thinker lol

#99 ·
It would be AWESOME if he was a spadetail. I was honestly hoping he would be a DeT but I don't think that's going to happen T-T

And thanks c: It's fun watching him in person because his tail is growing every day. Like, the clear bits you see in the picture now will probably be blue tomorrow ^^

#102 ·
thanks! :)
It's actually, to date, one of the best pictures I've ever taken of my fish. I don't think I've been so proud of a picture like that before :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.