Betta Fish Forum banner

Petco King Betta - My new PK boy

3K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  Capricorn 
#1 · (Edited)
So as you may know, My HM betta died yeaterday morning. After class, I decided to stop at petco JUST to have a look. They had some pretty HM dragons (light blue body and yellow fins) and red deltas but after going through gabe's tailbiting issue I was discouraged from getting a long-finned betta. Plus they reminded me too much of Gabe which made me sad. Then I saw the kings. They had 5 or 6 of them. Some of them were HMPK's (all for the same price of $12) but they were all a green/red color combo - not particularly my favorite. This little guy didnt look like much at first - a pale black with a bit of green. Not the best looking guy but I liked him. I was about to walk out the store as I thought it was too soon to be replacing Gabe but then changed my mind and got him. I didnt really get to appreciate his beauty until I got him home and put him under proper light. He's blue, but as you can see in the surface view picture, he has a sheen of green to him. It really is quite stunning when he moves around. the stripes on his fins seem to glow like little neon strips. Im still looking for a name, So far I have:
- Tyrion (character from a series of novels Ive been reading)
- Thanatos (greek daemon/ diety/ personification) of death
- Thorne (?)
Lol they all start with a "T". Suggestions? Im also thinking of 'Pug'. LOL

PICS! (What you all really care about)

I took like 100 pics but these were the best lol. He's pretty shy. Click Here to see more.

See less See more
#4 ·
LOL. I almost got a king that looks JUST like him at Petco last night. But I didn't know much about Kings and if they were different or what they needed.. so I didnt get him. But he is GORGEOUS. =D

Bwhahaha I like pug. But, I also like Thorne alot. =]

#7 ·
awwwwww! He is so freakin CUTE!!!! I think you should name him tiny! (for laughs :D)

#12 ·
I came home to find...THIS

Its only been a day :D Gabe NEVER made any bubblenests in the 10 gal. So needless to say, im pretty excited :p

PS: For a name, I have settled for 'Tyrion' :)
Awwe he is so happy! =]

#21 ·
Tyrian is a great name!!

It sounds familiar.. is it from the CS Lewis Narnia series? (I LOVE that series, I have several fish named after characters from the books!)
Tirian was the last King of Narnia...and ditto. :p
Wow, Alex, he's beautiful!! I love your tank, too. He is most definately spoiled; all the Kings I've seen at Petco are miserable, poor things. :|

#14 · (Edited)
Tyrion.

Lol no, it's from George RR Martin's Of Ice and Fire series. I highly reccomend it (if you're old enough- several R rated scenes). There are 4 huge books so far (more coming). In the books, Tyrion was a member of the royal family. But he's a dwarf and despsed by most of the kingdom and his sister because of that.

More info

#18 ·
He's very handsome...they way his blue/greens 'light up' reminds me so much of Othello.

#27 ·
Okay, I had to stop in here and just say that he is absolutely stunning, Alex.. a lot of petco's kings are really a mish-mash of color, but Tyrion is gorgeous.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.