Betta Fish Forum banner

Lethargic fish in sorority

866 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ScuitoAmi150 
#1 ·
Symptoms: My girl, Ami, is kept in my sorority tank and yesterday and today she has been acting lethargic. She is laying on the bottom, not on her side though. She is usually pretty active so I'm concerned.

Plan: So far, I'm planning on quarantining her. And adding a little aquarium salt.

Cause?: Yesterday when I was cleaning the sorority tank filter I had to separate the top part from the actual filter over the tank since the cord is tapped up. When it finally pulled apart (my Duetto 50 is a PAIN to take apart) the carbon filter fell into the water along with some gunk from the sponge.

After that happened (I had just added two gallons, tank is 10g) I took out one of the gallons and replaced it with another. The tank isn't a little bit cloudy anymore but I'm worried about Ami.

#5 ·
I personally would put all the girls in the cups they came in and float them in the tank (so they stay warm) and do daily water changes. I'm not sure what could be causing this, but it doesn't seem good!

Do a 50% water change daily on your tank too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.