Betta Fish Forum banner

Darkmoon's "Little Dancer"... the Cull girl who decided to be a boy

2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  LittleBettas 
#1 ·
Darkmoon's "Little Dancer"... the Cull girl who decided to be a boy....

"Little Dancer" (AKA Dancer) was the smallest of my cull females that I got from Darkmoon.... she was suppoced to be part of my sorority.... until I found out SHE was a HE

Dancer when I got "her"

Becoming a man?
Lol

And Dancer today:

See less See more
#4 ·
Lol... "she" did! He is still small... barely bigger than Peanut, my smallest girl

#5 ·
I know!!!! When I was looking at the males I was deciding between my boy Orpheus and a boy who looked JUST like Dancer... def. got a good deal :) lol

#9 ·
Thank you!!!

#8 ·
?
His tail wasn't missing.... he could be considered a runt.... betta fry release a growth hormone as they get bigger that stunts the growth of their younger siblings.... Dancer's growth was stunted....

#17 ·
Ok... lol... and yes, putting bettas into cups was the only way I could get a picture with my old cell phone.... by the time the picture would snap the betta would be on the other side of the tank and I would be left with a picture of a plant... or a plain wall if I was REALLY lucky.... lol... loving my new camera... though I still cup some of my bettas since my camera takes better pictures in natural light

#15 ·
I'm confused too but I agree with the biting...Emanon is a total biter...but I love my Emmybutt and wouldn't give him up for it! <3....beautiful fish btw!

#16 ·
Yup that's the marble gene for you! This is the reason for my fascination of marbles and having them as beautiful swimming works f art that obviously love change lol.

He is a very nice looking male. You might also be in store for some extra marbling. He is still young. Is there any particular pattern you would like to see?

Also he might even marble into a butterfly male because the butterfly gene is connected to marbles as well. When breeding a marble and continuing the line, you will eventually end up with some nice butterfly's with some selective breeding in the process.

#20 ·
I know!!! I can't wait!!! Im hoping that his size will catch up, but even if it doesn't Im not going to freak :) he's to gorgeous and has to much personality to fret over size...

#21 ·
Thank you!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.