Betta Fish Forum banner

Tetra 2-10g Heater

649 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  a123andpoof 
#1 ·
I just bought it yesturday. Most of the time during the day the house temp sits at around 79+, so I generally don't worry about that. During the nights though, the temp sinks to about 75, or like this morning, 74. This wasn't suppose to happenn though, I had installed the Tetra heater last night, this is how:

1)Unwrapped from box
2)Read the set up phamplet
3)Placed heater in tank sideways [=====]
4)Plugged the heater in

Shocked to find the tempreture this morning to be at a chilly 74 degrees, I decided that I would carefully touch the heater to see if it was actually -heating-. It's only nearly luke warm, maaaybe not even that...

Can anyone advise me on this matter? =( I'm really sad I let Riddle rest in such chilly water!

#2 ·
The tetra heaters are not very good. Mine stay at a solid 75 and my fish don't seem to mind it. If you want a heater to go over that then i would go and buy a diffrent brand. I have three of that size and thats the warmest they get.
I have the 10-20g size in my 10g and I need two just to get it to 75. But its going to stay that way. I can't afford a better one, and honestly my fish seem just fine with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.