Betta Fish Forum banner

New additions to my colorful family

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  shawnee 
#1 ·
Going to need some help with names for 2 of them...
This guy faked us out at walmart we thought he was sickly but we got him home and he was very lively vs. at walmart just sitting in his cup not moving
View attachment 74443
We found this one at petco my girl friend fell in love with him and his colors he was bought and sold as soon as she saw him
View attachment 74446
I could not resist naming the new king/giant betta "elvis" he is from petco I have wanted a king for awhile and well he kept looking at me in his tiny little cup with a sad face saying I need a new bigger home and he is still a bit camera shy....
View attachment 74447

#2 ·
WOW. Where do YOU live?!?
They're great fish! My goodness. I love the colors on the purple one, I guess I have the same taste as your gf xD

Our PetSmart hasn't brought in king bettas yet. Your Elvis is awesome ^-^

Welcome to the site btw!

#6 · (Edited)
The girls we picked up, All seem to be getting along well. Teeny and Tiny made it in the picture here and Bitty is hiding. The clay pots were .24 at Walmart and they love them, the pots were SOO small and they make them look big, they each have their own to hide in.

#10 ·
I'm definitely loving the cotton candy colored HM :O so pretty!

I've got a soft spot for King Bettas, mine is a King, they are just so big and silly. You definitely have such good looking fish! I'm so excited to get more myself when we finally move!

Great finds for sure! Especially from the pet store since they always seem to have plain jane bettas, which obviously still need homes too. However, it's nice to get some extraordinary colored ones. The only other Petco that was SUPER promising for ultimate betta finds was one in New London, CT when they opened. ZOMG I had about 10 picked out, but obviously couldn't buy any due to a husband AND because we were on orders to leave at any time.

Did you manage to find names for your others? I recall seeing something about naming at the top?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.