Betta Fish Forum banner

Two New Additions to my Betta Family!

2K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  SageMyster 
#1 ·
These are two rescues from my local Petco. I love them to death already! A Delta with unusually goofy, big caudal fins, and a double-tail (I LOVE DTs!). Now I will have four beautiful little men. ;) Bettas... they're addicting... I thought I was going to have just one in July!​

Calvin!

And Katniss!

See less See more
#6 ·
yes in the sense that its the dumbo gene. That just means they have larger ears than the normal betta. dont worry, they dont hurt them at all

#10 ·
Very pretty bettas!

#17 ·
I just got a big ear last week from petco, I named him Gabriel. Yours is really pretty, also your double tail :D What made them standout to you? It's amazing how we all have our own taste in fish and they catch our eye XD usually color catches my attention lol

The "ears" are the pectoral fins, the caudal is the tail.
Here's mine :)

#20 ·
Copper: What a beautiful fish! And I know, once I hit submit on that post I went "crap!" ... oh well. :p

I knew that I was buying a divided tank, so I got to choose two (I was so happy!) ... and boy, was it an arduous process. I was there forever, picking out cups and placing them in a "maybe" corner based on looks. The Petco people had to have thought I was nuts! I was down to eight, and then it was more about personality and levels of aggressiveness. I picked Calvin because he looks like a beautiful Koi when he swims, plus the ears and the white chin helped. :) Katniss was an easy choice because of his personality. He picked ME. Plus, I've always wanted a DT, and he's such a cute little young one!

What made you choose your fish? (Question directed to anyone!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.