Does your tank have a filter? Not yet
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Is your tank heated? Yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? none

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Hikari bio Gold
How often do you feed your betta fish? Two twice daily

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? 25%-50% every other day or so until cycled.
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? See above
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Top Fin Betta Water Conditoner

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters? Have not tested.

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? Not at all
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? Not at all
When did you start noticing the symptoms? About 10 minutes ago, I stuck my tukey baster in to do some spot cleaning, and when I blew the water out of it, white/clear stringy things gave flying out of the gravel o_O so I immediately did a 25% water change, but I still see it. Any idea what it is?
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? 25% water change
Does your fish have any history of being ill? SBD/bloat prone, but he's fine..
How old is your fish (approximately)? Maybe 8 months? got him August 11 2011...just got him this new tank a few days ago.

See less See more
#2 ·
I know this is late but I have no idea what the white stuff could be. I had a similar problem when I used Stresscoat. I had stringy white stuff hanging off my betta and when I switched conditionere it stopped. I see you use TopFin so I don't know if it could be that or not. I hope you figured out what the problem was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.