Betta Fish Forum banner

How come they don't make...

905 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  homegrown terror 
#1 ·
Aquarium tanks that have a valve built into the glass where you could easily open and let out water to do a water change instead of having to scoop out or siphoning water out. This would be so much easier, don't you think? Just wondering.

#3 ·
that first one is just incredibly cool...only wish they'd make a bigger size.

then again, with a little fiddling i could probably jury-rig something like that...just need to figure out where to find the glass piping to fit right.

#4 ·
If you get the maglife tank don't depend on the pretty rocks, NitraStrate substrate, it comes with. it will not host much bacteria. I saw a thread where someone took a macro pic of it and it has no pores to host bacteria. I think they also cut one open and found no internal structure to host bacteria. Its just marketing hype.

As far as tanks with bottom drains. It's a cool idea till your valve decides to spring a leak. You could go to target and buy one of those tea jugs that have the spout near the bottom and use that for your betta tank. Again if it leaks and your away you will have a mess and a dead fish.

#5 ·
When i saw the first one back at kickstarter i was this close before getting a shotgun and start rampaging. 50k dollars for a water jug with a valve? REALLY?

#8 ·
it's got a gravel sifter at the bottom, the force of the new water pushing down moves it through and out with the old water.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.