Betta Fish Forum banner

Free Betta- Meet Washout

812 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  cherrybello 
#1 ·
After havinf four bettas pass away from the same symptoms, I went managed to get a meeting with the manager of he store.... as suspected, it is a problem with the breeder, threether bettas I got from there (the day before and the day after the shipment came in) were sick, one wth SEVERE parasites, one with SBD and ammonia burns, the third finrot and SBD.
Well, the manager apparently has been recievin a lot of complaints about bettas dieing from this breeder, so all of the bettas are being returned to hte breeder and as the manager said 'his reputation will be ruined' Im guessing the manager is taking care of the issues legally (hopefully getting the FDA involved)
Well, I got a full refund for all four bettas, and the manager let me have on of the sick bettas for free (I think the manager felt sorry for the little guy)
He has severe SBD and ammonia burns, he is a pretty boy though... Ill get better pics soon hopefully
His name is Washout...

See less See more
#3 ·
Awwwwww sooooo cute!!!! I realllyyyyy hope he makes it, I'm a sucker for grizzle veiltails =)

#5 ·
Thank you everyone for the well wishes for Washout!
Hes being treated with espom salt right now but Im keeping an eye out for parasites

Lol, yup Sakura, his colors really do lok washed out, Im hoping to get some better pics of him once I have natural light... my bf and my cell suck at pictures without two or three light sources (one needing to be natural light)

hes been hanging at the top of the cup right now, Im going to fast him for a day, then feed him som garlic juice soaked pellets

#8 ·
Nope, its Walmart, new manager though :) seems like a decent guy, and he likes bettas :)

#10 ·
lol, I spend a lot of time with my walmart, not much to do in a little town, they have given me few discounted or free betta because it was sick, Im lucky I guess, in a way.... my other 'local' walmarts, hour away in both directions keep reasonable care and are actually well educated (wanted to make sure I had a tank at lest 2 gallons and knew I wouldnt put to bettasto gether since I was getting two bettas at one time)

#11 ·
Aw, cutie! Just wait until he recovers and gains his colour back! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.