Betta Fish Forum banner

School is cool

834 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  baylee767 
#1 ·
At my school (k-8) one teacher teaches 8th grade, and 7th grade science/P.E (I get the strangest sense I'm his favorite student...)

I told him that he should setup a fish tank in his room, and he asked if I would be willing to do maintanence. A few minutes later, it was decided that he'd get an aqaurium. I have to bring it home summer/long vacations and do maintanence, and when I graduate the tank is mine! The school has a lot of funds so they're paying.

Not exactly sure what size it's going to be, but 5-10 gallons fits best on the place where he wants to put it. SO, it'll be probably a 10 gallon tank with maybe 3 albino cories, 5 neon tetras, and a Betta. That... or maybe setup a sorority with pygmies (This is a school full of kids with short attention spans, I can't have one type of fish or they'll ignore the tank and it's purpose to the teacher, which is to make people more peaceful and focused, won't work.)

So, in a year, I'll get a free 10 gallon setup! And in the meantime, I can keep the fish healthy and happy! :-D

#5 ·
Personally, I don't recommend harlequins in a 10 gallon. I'll keep it simple and say that they need a lot more space than that. Having cories, neons, and a betta would be overstocking. I would go with either neons and a betta, or cories and a betta. In either set up, you could probably squeeze in a few ghost or cherry shrimp (if you are not going to be sad if they are eaten) :)

It sounds really awesome, I hope you have fun!

#7 ·
Yep, that's what it means. Except I'll just save some stuff to instant-cycle it and just drain the water and transport fish. I'm willing to do it. I'll have to do it about 3x next year.

Also, about the stocking thing, I was just going from memory of AQ advisor and was getting a rough idea about the fish ^.^ Okay, likely a Betta, 3 albino cories, and some ghosties.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.