Betta Fish Forum banner

Mg PK x blue dragon HMDT

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  trilobite 
#1 ·
I came home yesterday to discover my little blue dragon HMDT female swimming around in my green mg pk males tank looking rather skinny and pleased with herself.
So I had a peak at his bubble nest which he had been carefully maintaining for a while and lo and behold there were eggs.
Today I checked up on them and they have hatched... I didnt want them to breed just yet as I hadnt set up any bbs and my microworms had died out due to my neglet. Plus I was still conditioning them (although apparently they were already conditioned enough)..I've had them for less then a week...
They are very sneaky fish :twisted:

I expect to see all long finned fish in this spawn but later I'll do a sibling cross to get pk back with nice broad dorsals and thick scaling.

I'll chuck pictures of the parents up later.

#4 ·
Going to be interesting on the fry!

The female seems to have a mitten DT spreaded caudal. Her color is nice, but be careful with the finnage on these guys.

#7 ·
Nice looking parents! It almost looks like your male might have some dalmatian in him.

#9 ·
Yeah her caudal lobes arent the best but I don't really want to get into DTs (dont tell her, but they are my least favourtite tail type...haha) I'm just using her for her dorsal really.
The male is actually green whuch is awesome I hope the dragon from the girl thickens up the green...I dont really know how green is inherited.
I took out daddy today which made him quite upset :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.