Betta Fish Forum banner

what a scare!

833 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Kitch3ntools 
#1 ·
so i have Harold my blue VT in a 2.5g tank that i just got him to upgrade his 1.5g bowl. i got red glass gem/pebble things that you can buy in the craft section at walmart. ive used these gems for YEARS infact ive only used gravel for my gold fish and now for our planted tank. the red pebbles TURNED THE WATER PINK!!!! my fiancee tried to tell me it was a reflection from the gems well i was still uneasy about it so i just checked it while i was doing my water changes >.< just wanted to let you all know that the red ones are no good. Harold is now in new water with his old clear gems. my poor Harold! i feel like such a bad mom!:oops:

#5 ·
At least you found out soon. Imagine if the dye leaked in slowly so you didn't notice a color change. That would have sucked.

And thanks for posting that so no-one else buys them.

#7 ·
xD just thinking about Harold pink is funny, maybe purple because he is dark blue lol (hes the fish in my avitar) thank god i did see it and he didnt get sick from it hes acting much happier too :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.