Betta Fish Forum banner

New NPT

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  sandrac8388 
#1 ·
Planted my 3 gallon eclipse today. It seems like something is missing, but I can't put my finger on it.

Now, I just need to figure out who I want in there, or if I should get a new betta for the tank. My LFS had this ADORABLE veiltail in today, who looks like he will marble out red, and he had a black bandit mask ;-). I wanted to walk out with him but refrained from bringing home a new betta. :-D

Any comments or suggestions are always appreciated. :cool:

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks good!
I would tie moss to that structure but I always want to tie moss to everything I can.
Good for you for going with sn NPT! I had all the intentions in the world of doing that with my tanks but when I got my soil it was infested with fruit flies and that just killed the illusion for me.
My plants are high maintenance and have been doing well without the soil but we'll see.

#4 ·
I love it! I think some Cabomba would be a great addition to that back, left corner. It grows fast, is easy to cut a piece off and just stick into the substrate, and my bettas love sleeping in it.

#7 ·
Looks great! The Cabomba you added to the back was a good touch.

#8 ·
Looks very nice :) I like to plant every space of open ground so i would put hairgrass maybe in the front to fill it in but I think it also looks nice now maybe a few smooth rocks to accent the little rock temple...

#9 · (Edited)
I really like the rearrangement of the plants. I would also switch the placement of the lantern structure and the low rock. Generally, having something dead centre is less pleasing to the eye than having it deliberately off centre.

I have the same lantern in my 5.5 gallon. I'll try to get a photo to show you my tank set up.

#12 ·
I'm not sure what I am doing with that center front portion of the tank. I definitely do need to play with that decoration a bit. I kind of threw it in after how bland it looked with just plants. I'll try moving it off to the side to see if it looks any better. :cool:

I definitely need to find a plant for that open area though.

#10 ·
Creat, I know what you mean. I need to get something to shove in front there, but I'm not sure what I want. I'm not going to be dosing anything so I need a low key plant to just chill out.

I have some random pebbles so maybe I'll just drop those in until I figure out what I want to plant.

#11 ·
I had good sucess with micro sword in eclipse systems ... but you have to be happy looking at it thats the important thing :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.