Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta and snail!!!!! Please help emergency

770 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  canoe4you 
#1 ·
So I just recently got a mystery snail. Everything was fin last night and this morning. But when I came home after shopping my snail was closed shut. And my fish was surrounding it.

Questions:

1. My fish is attacking my snail. What can I do to stop the aggression.

2.what information do you guys have on snails

3. What should I do with the snail. Should I keep it in to see if my fish just gets used to it or what.

4. Is the food I got for my snail good. Also what types of veggies can you feed it?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I never fed my snails food. They eat what is already on the tank or what is on the bottom. Sounds like your betta is being a bully.

#3 ·
I'm new to mystery snail housing as well but mine seems to really like Hikari algae wafers. I would also suggest buying a cuttle bone (they are in the bird section of the pet store) and breaking off a small piece and putting it in the tank. The snails need calcium to keep their shells strong and the cuttle bone is rich in it. My first snail died pretty quickly when I did not feed him his own food so I would be cautious about not giving him anything as when the snails DO die they can very quickly add large amounts of ammonium to a smaller tank (under 5 gal) before you might even realize they have passed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.