Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-30-2012, 12:39 AM   #1 
Shirleythebetta

tanks in a yard sale

Hey, I am having a yard sale and I just need random opinions on two tanks I want to sell. Both in good condition. Need to know what you would personally pay for each tank with a filter and without.

1. 29 gallon high, with hood

2. 29 gallon long, without hood

thanks for your opinions. I am trying to free up some space. I do realize just about no one on here likes one gallon tanks but I need kind honest opinions on the next tank. It would have the following...

3. one gallon plastic tank with base and drawer with no lid.
1 to 3 gallon filter
gravel
handmade plant

I know pics and specs would be helpful but I just need a good best guess for a yard sale.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:20 AM   #2 
Anitax3x

Personally I don't see a problem with the 1 gal setup because I have some betta's that freak out when they get in anything bigger. I don't know why but they prefer 100% water changes and smaller space as opposed to a filter and lots of space. On the other hand I have one male who is in his 10 gal with a few corycats and he patrols his tank completely leaving no stone unturned lol. It really depends on how you plan on keeping the water clean.

I like your setup so long as the filter is slow enough that he has spots to hang out. In a 1 gal its almost impossible (for me at least) to have a filter. Unless its one of those sponge filters. I have one in a 2.5 it works great.

For the tanks. the one with the hood I'd pay at MOST $35 ish.
and the one without, 20.

Thats just because petco usually has the $1 per gallon sale, so if you do anything higher, I'd just rather go get a brand NEW one from their sale.

Hope that helps !
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #3 
djembekah

lol i got my 29 high with a screen lid for $5, but that was probably just luck. i'd agree with 25-35 dollars for each- i'd snatch them up!
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #4 
BeckyFish97

I would say 25 for the non hooded 29gal 30 for the one with the lid, the 1gal I would say for the 1gal and everything else put together 20 because it sounds like a decent set! also I have nothing against 1gallon tanks as they are completely workable!(This is all theoretical lol, my 2 new babies saw to that!!!)(also this is in GB£)(but still theoretical)
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #5 
Shirleythebetta

Sounds like everyone is in agreement pretty much Thanks for your input. Now I know what people would pay. I think I may have to keep the one gallon though. I had an oopsy and bought a female crowtail who ended up being a male and I only have that to put him in.... :O
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote