Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #61 
Sena Hansler

that'll work xDD
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #62 
Junglist

The only way to make your betta fit and strong without all that natural meds is Protein and a little current flow. Just like us humans we eat or drink proteins and workout to make us strong, don't know much about long tails but I usually shape them up with proteins and a current flow, I try to keep my betta strong and healthy by having them fight current for a bit to keep them strong and lean so there rays stand out with thick scales like this dude..

Junglist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #63 
jeffegg2

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadenJames View Post
+1

I'm super curious about Teak tree leaves. I've heard breeders in Thailand are using them more and more, they have the same benefits as IAL but they strengthen the scales on the fish and burn away fat, making them more lean and muscular. The leaves also last longer.

I probably wouldn't use them in spawning tanks because they remove fat, and I like my growing fry as plump as I can get them. But I think they'd be pretty great for conditioning.

*hovers over "add to cart" button*
Sounds like some kind of infomercial..... Perhaps I'll get them for me? Although I don't need strong scales...
jeffegg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #64 
KadenJames

I suppose the strong scales would be good for the females that take a beating during spawning. Makes them more agile, too.
KadenJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #65 
Sena Hansler

that's what I was thinking I know my gals usually hurt themselves more than anything they "bury" themselves in ornaments, or at least try... so scales get scraped off. then the male attacking her if I were her I'd want armor :p

Buuut as for protein I give them mealworm meat... the mealworms are gut stuffed with veggies and fruit, then fed to the bettas. They devour it...
Old 05-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #66 
KadenJames

Where do you get mealworm meat? o.O Don't think I've ever heard of it. Is it good for conditioning?
KadenJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #67 
Sena Hansler

from mealworms!!! :p

Mealworms are used to feed reptiles, and predator fish. You get them in a container, toss them lettuce or an apple slice or whatever, take one out, chop the head off and squeeze out the meat x.x I warn never to feed the shell.... my one girl took off with a large piece meant for Madame and she got it stuck it came out eventually, but she was unhappy with her greedy demise xD

I've used it for conditioning before, because it's got the protein, it's right fresh - not even frozen, and they love it. No betta I have refuses mealworms...
Old 05-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #68 
Junglist

Mealworm flesh, live Tubifex, Mosquito larva, Fzn Bloodworms, Pellets, Mysis shrimp and Beefhearts are good source of Proteins for bettas, they use to have Microworms flesh soft pellets for bettas back then but it seems that they don't make it anymore, It was like cat nip for them hehe
Old 05-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #69 
Sena Hansler

Old 05-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #70 
Junglist

Whoops I meant to type mealworm soft pellets*