Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #1 
allisonp97

My new betta fish :)

I recently had two betta fish (similar color and finnage) bought from Petsmart that passed away. I don't know exactly it was that killed them, but it was very sad to see my two little pets die so quickly. Last night, I went to Petco and purchased a beautiful little female crowntail betta. Let me say, I was very impressed with the way that Petco keeps their bettas. The plastic cups the bettas were very spacious (for pet store cups) and were kept extremely clean. All of the bettas looked healthy that I saw and were arranged in hanging racks off of shelves that kept the bettas from flaring at each other and gave them adequate amount of air to breathe. When it came time to make my decision, I couldn't choose because they were all so nice! The store had an awesome selection of all different types of bettas- male and female- more than I had ever seen at Petsmart. I chose my beautiful little crowntail female with red spiky fins. I couldn't believe it, though, because she is so tiny. She's about 3/4 the size of my pinkie finger. I'm not sure if she is a baby or is fully grown, but just very small.
allisonp97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #2 
Goldie2nd

Maybe she is just small or a baby I don't know my new boy Redtail was tiny and now he even flares and bubble nets.
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #3 
LebronTheBetta

I'm sorry for your loss of your other 2 fishes.
Anyway, Good Luck with your new Crowntail Female!
What's her name? And can you also download pics so we can see how beautiful your fish is?
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #4 
Shiverdam

I've often heard of people buying what they thought was a tiny female and it turned out it was a young male. Maybe in your case it will be a young female, but if you intent to breed her, give her some time to grow if she's still juvenile.
Shiverdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #5 
Ramble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiverdam View Post
I've often heard of people buying what they thought was a tiny female and it turned out it was a young male.
That's exactly what happened to me. My little PetCo veil tail female is now a handsome round tail (or comb tail...) male. Gotta love the little surprises.
Ramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #6 
Shinkutsunami

Hi guys! i'm new to this site and I have no clue on how to post my own thread (lol) but anyway, my dragon scale betta has a discolored white patch above his left eye and on his dorsal fin. it started around 2 3 months ago and I didn't think anything of it at first but now it's getting worse! it looks swollen now and I went to petsmart to have them tell me what they thought it was and they just gave me some bettafix. I put it in the tank and it didn't do anything so I did a full water change and put some sea salt in his tank because I didn't have any aquarium salt at the moment. it's been about 3 days since I put the salt in and I see no difference in his fungus or whatever is on his head. what should I do? I don't want him to die and i've had him for around 6 months now and I was planning on getting him a bigger tank soon. I need like a professional opinion here on what I should do. here is a pic. let me know what you think I should do guys! thanks.
Attached Images

Shinkutsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #7 
allisonp97

Thanks guys! I'll try to post some pictures soon, but she's sulking right now because she hasn't quite got used to her new home yet. When she starts to open up, I'll take some pictures. I'm not quite sure what to name her yet. Any suggestions?
Old 05-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #8 
allisonp97

Haha, wow! That's kind of funny. I don't intend to breed her-just keep her as a pet. So if she does turn out to be a male, that's okay too. She's definitely a crowntail though.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #9 
allisonp97

Really? That could be my case, too. I don't know yet, though. How long did it take for you to figure it out?
Old 05-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #10 
betta lover1507

she sounds adorable :) can't wait for pics :D
and shinkutsunami i think that is a bacterial infection, am not an expert on diseases but here is a site:
http://www.bettatalk.com/betta_diseases.htm hope it helps
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote