Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Contests
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: How many of you would participate?
DEFINITELY!!! 240 85.71%
Mm, maybe. 39 13.93%
Definitely NOT! 1 0.36%
Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #641 
DiiQue

Yahooooo!!!!!!! Let's do this!!!!!!!!!!
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:38 PM   #642 
marktrc

Can it be a raffle with a limit on how many tickets you can buy?
marktrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #643 
bettalover2033

I don't think that's a good idea because I for one can't buy any tickets and I'm sure the younger kids that enter on here would not be able to buy their tickets. One can't even have PayPal so I think that wouldn't be such a good idea.

This would defeat the whole purpose of "WIN" a Thailand betta all expenses paid.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #644 
dramaqueen
Banned

BL, how did that contest work, anyway? I wasn't in on that one.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #645 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
I don't think that's a good idea because I for one can't buy any tickets and I'm sure the younger kids that enter on here would not be able to buy their tickets. One can't even have PayPal so I think that wouldn't be such a good idea.

This would defeat the whole purpose of "WIN" a Thailand betta all expenses paid.
Yeah, I can't buy one so it is kind of stupid to buy tickets
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:09 PM   #646 
DiiQue

I dont think that a raffle, with a buy in, is what this contest was originally envisioned to be. Rather, it was created so that everyone could enter and have a fair shot at getting a Thailand Betta. The donations are just that - donations. No one is obligated to give if they do not want to. And giving donations does not mean you get a better shot at winning, but a donation would mean that this contest would continue on, and on, and on, and on....
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:51 AM   #647 
bettalover2033

Basically you just were to PM Kaden and say "I would like to ender the contest" and she'd take your name down on another website and it tells everyone who entered if your entry is there.

Then at the end of the contest, all you have to do is wait. Kaden writes everyone's name on a little piece of paper and shuffles the bag. Then she goes on a video chat on a free video chatting site and pulls a random paper out. Whoever wins gets a free Thai betta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-19-2012, 01:53 AM   #648 
bettalover2033

Basically you just were to PM Kaden and say "I would like to ender the contest" and she'd take your name down on another website and it tells everyone who entered if your entry is there.

Then at the end of the contest, all you have to do is wait. Kaden writes everyone's name on a little piece of paper and shuffles the bag. Then she goes on a video chat on a free video chatting site and pulls a random paper out. Whoever wins gets a free Thai betta.

The catch is it has to be a BIN(Buy It Now) price of $25 maximum. Also you don't HAVE to choose from outside of the States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-19-2012, 02:43 AM   #649 
marktrc

Well it would be hard to keep the contest going if it only ran on donations. And it would be winning if say you bought a single raffle ticket for $1 and got an all expenses paid Betta.

But if some people cannot buy a ticket, perhaps enough tickets would be sold to hold a paid raffle contest and then a second for free with extra money from the paid contest.

I'm just throwing ideas out there so that the contest doesn't just rely on a few people's generosity.
marktrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #650 
lvandert

We want everyone to have a chance. IF we do it that was then its like the people who paid got "special treatment". There are enough people on here that would be more than willing just to give 5 bucks to something good (if they don't win). It's like playing a claw machine where all the proceeds go to something good.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
assault0137 was here, hello!, kaden is a legend!!!, kaden is awesome!!!, legend of the black dog, legend of the great wolf, thank you kaden!!