Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Contests
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: How many of you would participate?
DEFINITELY!!! 240 85.71%
Mm, maybe. 39 13.93%
Definitely NOT! 1 0.36%
Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #671 
bettalover2033

I see where you're coming from and understand what you mean as well, but I think that having this contest for the states only or maybe Canada as well is best for right now. Remember that we are just getting started. TBH I like how I was done the first time around.

Yes It would be nice to have this contest internationally, but I think something even less fair is letting US citizens to have the extra money from the $100 that we would have to raise for the people internationally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelouisvachon View Post
US only? we have to remember that people of many different countries are on this site, and it wouldn't be fair to disclude them. sure it might be cheaper, but wasn't the original idea of this contest to provide people who wouldn't normally have a chance to get one of these aquabid Betta fish due to pricing or other reasons a free fish?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #672 
bettalover2033

Actually, you know what...scratch off what I said before. This contest should be international. It gives everyone a chance and makes it that much more fun!

Though I do think that the winner (If from the states) Should ONLY get the fish. This wouldn't be a fair contest if US citizens can get more from it than other countries. So I stand by my vote for this contest to be fair and international.

So basiclly of you are the winner (and live in the US)you may only get the fish and the rest of the money can go to the next contest (not a tank or heater)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelouisvachon View Post
you can't enter yet, KadenJames is in the collection stage of the contest, collecting donations.

US only? we have to remember that people of many different countries are on this site, and it wouldn't be fair to disclude them. sure it might be cheaper, but wasn't the original idea of this contest to provide people who wouldn't normally have a chance to get one of these aquabid Betta fish due to pricing or other reasons a free fish?
Old 08-20-2012, 09:33 AM   #673 
Joelouisvachon

you have a point there, this is only the first time around. I just hope someday this could become an annual or semi-annual thing with all countries included, but that would need more than just US citizens donating.
Joelouisvachon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #674 
Joelouisvachon

adding this post after seeing your next one:

that seems fair, it would get a head start into the next contest.
instead of including a tank and heater in the contest, that could be a separate contest run by someone else.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #675 
Mo

The thing is. sometimes transshipping costs are a lot more. like 30-40 bucks just to get it to your country
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #676 
dramaqueen
Banned

I vote that we do it the way it was originally done. The fish and nothing more. Wouldn't there be a problem with currency if it was international? Not that I'm trying to exclude our international members.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #677 
marktrc

what if the international guys paid any extra cost?

in my case, i live in hawaii.(USA) i dont know if there is any extra shipping cost but i know i need to get a permit to import the fish. id pay for any extra shipping and the permit if i won.
marktrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #678 
bettalover2033

It would make more sense to o it the way we originally did it. Afterall, we are just getting started (Kaden is) rather said.

I think international members should pay for just the importation fee to get into their country so it can eliminate the factor if they want to enter or not.

Either have international members pay the fee or they shouldnt enter. Yes it goes against the whole Free Thai betta and all, but to keep it to the price range it was when we did it first (with linda) that way it's easier on Kaden.

We should really have Kaden's opinion as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktrc View Post
what if the international guys paid any extra cost?

in my case, i live in hawaii.(USA) i dont know if there is any extra shipping cost but i know i need to get a permit to import the fish. id pay for any extra shipping and the permit if i won.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #679 
Joelouisvachon

It seems fair to pay the importation fee, only the shipping and fish are covered.

What if the winner gets a DOA?
Old 08-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #680 
dramaqueen
Banned

You brought up a good point, Joe. That is something that will need to be discussed.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
assault0137 was here, hello!, kaden is a legend!!!, kaden is awesome!!!, legend of the black dog, legend of the great wolf, thank you kaden!!