Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #1 
MollyJean

Sucker for a pretty face

I never do this.. I mean it's not like I NEED more fish.. well I do need females for a sorority, but not males. But I was looking on Ebay and found a male that called out to me. He'll probably look nothing like his picture.. but oh well, I wanted him! So he's mine. And I'll love him no matter what.. but if he DOES look like the picture.. awesome!

Love at first sight. He'll ship this weekend and I should get him Monday. Better have my other 10 gallon set up by then, huh?
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #2 
Shadyr

Gorgeous! (My daughter approves, purple is her favorite)
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #3 
MollyJean

Hope mine does.. I love the lines! They're so interesting. Even if the color is wrong, I'll be happy with the lines.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #4 
Jessicatm137

Nice!
Jessicatm137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #5 
MollyJean

I got him! He arived while I was out today and my husband got him. He's SOOO pretty! I also got 3 females! 3 of them! The seller just send them! They're a little beat up but beautiful! So today.. I went from 2 bettas, Bettabettabetta and Tidbit.. to 7. Because while I was out we went to a pet shop that was closing today and they had one tiny little girl left and I had to have her... so 5 new arrivals today!

Before anyone worries, I just have them in little bowls til their tanks are ready. I didn't want to leave them in the bags!

Fist off.. Princess. I got her at a pet shop while I was out today. She was the last one left before the store closed and so so cute. I'll get a better pic of her later, but she's a blue/purple crowntail. She's sooo sweet, very active and friendly, wants to follow my fingers around. And TINY!

The seller of my halfmoon sent me 3 girls, the first one is a Cambodian. Her colors are very clean but she has a little damage. She'll be just fine in a couple of weeks. She's kind of shy, but active. I haven't a name for her yet.

This is the other Cambodian girl, she's got a little color splattered here and there, so maybe some marble to her. Crowntail, though you can't see it. I think these two are from the same spawn. She's much more shy then the other girl, and I am having a hard time getting a good pic.

This beauty is the peacock green girl that came with the others. She's beautiful! Shiny and active. She's been staring at me all day. I might name her Pylia.

Corrin! He's everything I could have hoped for. So many colors, and he ends up being black on black, but flashes red and green. He's BIG, happy, healthy and active. He has a very strange defect. See the curl on his tail in the very center? It's on both sides. It's a single stray ray that sticks out and curls. I love it!

So my family just got HUGE, and I'm in a frantic mess to put everyone in split 10 gallon tanks! Oh, and I am so buying more from the E Bay seller when I have the money. His fish are beautiful and he sent me 3 free, lol!
Old 04-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #6 
brenna33

WOW!! They are beautiful!! Congrats!!
brenna33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #7 
betta lover1507

there all so pretty :D congrats on a handful of betta's ;p
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #8 
Jessicatm137

They are all beautiful!!! I love your peacock green girl! I would name her Jade, Jewel, or Gem, but I like Pylia too. Your cambodian crowntail girl I would name Dawn. :)
Jessicatm137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #9 
MollyJean

Corrin and Pylia are a couple that my husband and a friend used to Role Play on Neverwinter Nights (My nerd is showing right now) and the fish, Corrin, reminded me SO MUCH of the character Corrin. So the name just worked. But I do like Dawn. I could name the other Dusk. Hmm... have to see if anything pops. That's kind of how it works most of the time.

I never have liked white bettas... But now that I've seen these two girls up close.. they're beautiful. I might go after a solid white male next time.

Addicted...... O.O;