Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-30-2012, 09:45 PM   #1 
LorRenee

Odd behavior with small water changes?

Twpsyn has this bad habit of going a bit funny when I add new water to his tank. Like any water, some of it will evaporate depending on the environment. In 3-ish days he can lose 1/2 an inch to a full inch and I usually top it up with some fresh (treated with tetra drops) water that is near enough the same temp as his tank (okay maybe .5 of a degree off). But every time I do these little refills he gets a bit "twitchy" and will swim, swim, flare fins, swim, swim, flare fins, and his breathing appears to get a little faster, or maybe it's a lot faster. I've never been able to judge things like this properly. Below are two videos, one of his odd swimming behavior, the other (hopefully) showing a bit better view of his breathing so if you have a few minutes to spare I'd greatly appreciate it.

I could just be a panicked momma, but I don't have much to compare him to in order to see if his mannerisms are normal or not.

Video 1 (link)

Video 2 (link)

Thank you! (PS, I wasn't sure how to get the videos to actually show up in the post. Sorry about that.)
LorRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #2 
vilmarisv

He seems fine to me... he's probably a little pissed off his territory is being altered.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote