Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #1 
Sena Hansler

Post Shiloh Scarface

Another tank sits empty as the ol' boy passed on. I got him as a wounded betta, stuck in a tank of cichlids/gouramis in the store, then removed just to die in a cup. He had two large gashes rendering him unable to flare fully, his fins a mess, scales were missing, and I was told "I don't think he'll live. Are you SURE you want him?" And I still got him. He pulled through very well, chewed back his tail when it came in, then from a quarantine container he was moved to a 20 gallon to be by himself happily.

At 2.5 he died, which to me is a great age for the fact he was received as a sick, wounded fish! I'm not sad he passed away, but greatful for the fact he lived the rest of his live in a loving home
Attached Images

Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #2 
BeckyFish97

Rip shiloh :(
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #3 
Sena Hansler

I knew he was going to go anyways... last few days he's been slower, and not active. But he didn't look sick or anything - guess he just knew his time was coming.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #4 
BeckyFish97

Awww :( better that it was peaceful, he was a lucky boy to be rescued by you!How is gurgi doing?
Old 05-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #5 
Sena Hansler

Yep, he didn't die sick or anything and he still couldn't flare fully but he was happy and jumped for food :)

Gurgi is doing fine. refuses to eat. I have to lay down the DO NOT FEED MY FREAKING DOG rule because he won't eat dog food this is day 2 and people think it's MY fault that I'M caving in. I'm not. It's the twits feeding my dog.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #6 
BeckyFish97

It isnt your fault, just tell the people who feed him stuff that he is having problems eating his dog food and you need to get him to eat it or he will starve! :)
Old 05-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #7 
Sena Hansler

I'll be smacking my bf if he feeds him again this is ridiculous. Gave him a piece of dog food, he took it, spat it out, looked at me lol.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #8 
BeckyFish97

The main thing is it is a start, you got the food into gurgi's mouth, yes he spat it out, but he let you put it in in the first place!As for smacking the bf, he might enjoy it :P
Old 05-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #9 
Sena Hansler

xDD well he doesn't play or anything (with toys anyways) thought he would but no. When we play I may have the ball in my hand (no sqeaker) just so he is used to it (maybe they threw balls and toys at him?) oh joy, I seem to get the abused animals That's why I had Shiloh and he lived long for that condition!! I was surprised his organs never failed then.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #10 
BeckyFish97

Awww, well I'm glad he seems to be coming round to the idea of dog food, lol getting abused animals is a gift!!!Keep going with getting him used to his toys as a good thing, he will come round about that too eventually!!!